Chapter 44

Leona was sitting in the common room, Fred fast asleep on her lap as she played with his hair, the boy hugging her waist in his sleep as she held a book in her hands.

"Lena?" called a voice from the stairs and she turned to see Harry standing there.

"Harry? Are you alright?" she asked, slightly worried for him as he moved closer.

"Uh, not really. And it doesn't help that Ron's being a git."

Her eyes darkened.

"What did he do?"

"He thinks I put my name in the Goblet of Fire," Harry answered as he sat in the armchair closest to Leona.

"Did you?" she asked sincerely.

Harry met her eyes.

"No."

"Good, because that's what I told my dad."

"You believe me?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Of course, I do. You've never given me a reason not to trust you, not to mention that you're like me. People know our names enough; we don't need eternal glory."

"Tell me about it," he huffed before a thought dawned on him. "Wait, you told Sirius already?"

She nodded.

"He might be able to help get you out of this. Or keep you alive throughout it. Or at the very least figure out who did this. So, I'd expect a response from him in the morning."

"Thanks, Lena," Harry said gratefully and she smiled at him.

"Anytime. I mean you're basically my brother, so of course, I'd help you. And just wait until I get my hands on Ronny-boy."

"You don't have to do that."

"Oh, I so do," she laughed. "It's my job to straighten out this one, his twin and their younger brother," she said pointed to Fred. "I know Ron's just jealous, but still, it's uncalled for."

"Thank you, Lena," Harry said genuinely as he stood.

"Don't mention it. Now try and go to sleep, you need it after today."

He nodded.

"Goodnight."

"Night Harry."