Cooking

Sorry it's been so long everyone! Been so busy with life but hopefully get a few updates out this weekend

I sat on the kitchen counter swinging my legs watching Wanda cut chicken. She'd been my only company the last few days while Nat and Yelena had gone out on a secret mission.  She was trying to teach me how to cook but I wasn't really paying attention. I missed Natasha, which was ridiculous really it had only been a few days. 

"Have you been paying attention at all today?" Wanda threw a piece of carrot off my head as she spoke.

"I just got kind of distracted..."
"Oh yeah? Thinking about Natasha again?" She rolled her eyes, "fuck me Nat" she laughed doing a terrible impression of me.

I grinned hopping down off the worktop trying to think of a smart reply. I winced as my feet hit the floor, for the most part my injuries were healing pretty well but every now and then a certain movement caught me out. I tried to pretend it hadn't happened but Wanda had already put the knife down and was looking at me strangely.
"You okay?" She started to lift my shirt up to check my injuries, I quickly batted her hands away.
"Yeah I'm fine unlike your impression of me which is terrible Maximoff!" I groaned, "and anyway don't be jealous!"
She laughed again returning to cutting chicken only her eyes betrayed her concern when she glanced to where my wounds were hidden by a t-shirt, "I'm not jealous you idiot, just sick of getting no sleep because of a certain someone's headboard slamming against my wall all night"

I smirked twirling towards the fridge to grab a drink, "you could always bunk with Yelena."
Wanda quickly looked back at the food she was making, I'm pretty sure I noticed a faint pink start to stain her cheeks. I knew it! Me and Nat had been squabbling for the last week about whether my theory was right. I decided it was time for me to play match maker.
"What's the look for Maximoff? You look kinda flustered... either it's the thought of me and Nat or sharing a bed with Yelena" I asked sweetly handing her a beer.

She took a long drink before turning to wash her hands. "I'm not flustered"
"I can ask Nat if you want to join us..." I tried to keep a straight face as I said it.

"You're lucky your injured or I.... You'd die on the spot right now if I said I wanted to join you and Nat" she stepped towards me quickly backing me against the fridge. This definitely wasn't in the plan and my word got stuck in my throat as I began to stutter at her. She stopped inches away from my face. "Told you" she smirked as I tried to catch my breath and get myself out of trouble but I felt stuck to the floor. "You're all talk just like Yelena" she kissed the tip of my nose and then walked back to the simmering pan.

I stared after her open mouthed not entirely sure what had just happened. "You do like Lena though right? I didn't imagine that?"
She smiled plating up the food. "I don't want to join a throuple with you and Natasha...and that's all I'm telling you about my romantic interests"
I rolled my eyes and quickly forget about the conversation as I began to eat the most glorious food.

It was day 5 of no Nat and Yelena and I was trying to get cleared to train. I slammed the door to the med bay as I stormed back to my room. Bruce was still a hard no about all the fun things...well maybe not all but Nat wasn't here so that wasn't happening either.

Wanda found me sulking flicking through Netflix in the lounge, "you good?" She sank down on the sofa next to me. I didn't even answer I just shrugged and frowned towards the general direction of Bruce's office.
We sat in silence for a while, at some point she'd taken the remote from my hand and put money heist on for us to watch. I wasn't really paying attention and found myself falling asleep on her shoulder. I wasn't sure how much time had passed when I woke up in the dark asleep on the sofa tucked up in a blanket. I looked around a realised Wanda must have gone to bed, I winced as I sat up, clearly the couch didn't agree with my injuries. I debated staying where I was but the thought of doing anything to delay my healing was off the table. I shuffled quietly to Natasha's empty room and curled into a ball and tried to fall back into a dreamless sleep.

It wasn't until I was being shook awake that I realised I was screaming. A cold sweat covered my body and I was sure I could taste blood.
"Nat" I croaked pulling the other person into me crying. I searched for her soft lips to chase the last of the nightmare away but she kept avoiding me.
"Shhh it's me...it's me Wanda" she kissed my forehead instead and pulled me into her her chest, stroking my hair she kept speaking. "Nat's on a mission remember? I've got you now though" I focused on her words and eventually everything started to come back into frame. I looked up and met Wanda's eyes, she ran a thumb over my lower lip making it tremble as tears filled my eyes.
"Your lip is bleeding" she said softly kissing my hair, "we don't have to talk" she spoke quietly and gently rocked me as i calmed down.
I hadn't had a nightmare since the night Nat had woken me up in France, I'd been so relaxed about meditation and calming my mind recently I had almost forgotten the horrors my brain conjured while I slept.

"How you feeling?" Wanda spoke quietly, I didn't even know I was still awake until I started speaking.
"Just a bad dream...."
She held me a little tighter before she whispered again, "a dream or a memory?"
I took a shaky breath trying to decide what to say, I knew she could just look in my head but I hoped she wouldn't. "Kinda both?" I don't know why I said it like it was a question but I wasn't sure of the answer myself.
"Hmm... sleep now and if you want to talk about it when the sun is up we will"

I let my brain shut off, I don't think I slept much even in Wanda's arms, she wasn't Nat! It felt as if I was just falling asleep when I heard door slam shut.

"This better be some kind of joke..." Natasha sounded angrier than I'd ever heard her before. I flinched at her tone and felt Wanda's arm wrap round me protectively, which I'm sure didn't help the matter. I tried to get my eyes to cooperate and open into the bright light that was flooding the room. When they did I found myself looking straight at a very bruised looking Yelena and Natasha. Before I could speak they turned and walked away leaving me still curled up in Wanda's arms.

"Nat!" I shouted after her but she didn't look back. I sighed as I sat up. It was only then I realised how little clothing both me and Wanda were wearing, I vaguely remembered throwing my clothes into a pile half asleep when I'd moved from the couch. It turned out I hadn't bothered to put more than a pair of shorts on and Wanda wasn't much more dressed. Her long tshirt covered everything but the naked legs sticking out of the bed covers which didn't make a good first impression. "Fuck" I fell back into the pillows.

"I'll talk to her...I'll show them" Wanda said calmly, "let's just give them an hour to calm down"