IWDTLY (A Draco Malfoy Love Story) ... 14

Trivia? Psssssh! An Author’s Note:  Hey! I have a trivia question for you guys! Okay here it is: How old do you think I am? If you’re the first get it right, I’ll … dedicate the next chapter to you? Yeah, that seems fair enough! Some super thanks to GummyBearGleeks (for helping me figure out which year they are) and xxxlovexxx (for saying that I’m a great author).

I Was Dared to Love You (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)

Chapter 14: Another Plan …

-----------| Ginny’s POV |------------

            Okay so our “plans” that made us not able to go dress shopping were fake. I didn’t have a date with Harry and Hermione would never take on helping Ron study for O.W.L.s. That would just be torture. But that doesn’t mean anything! We really did have some things to do, even if they were just trivial things! It just … wasn’t what we had told Violet. Hermione and I just needed to satisfy our cravings for candy. Is that really such a bad thing?

            No, it’s called being a good friend.

            We had spent the night before picking out her outfit and the whole next morning on her make-up and hair. By the time we were done with Violet, she looked gorgeous and … starved. Poor Vi didn’t get a chance to eat breakfast and she’s the type of girl that has to eat. Smiling at her guiltily, I had handed her a bit of my Chocolate Frog I had found in my robe pocket. She looked at it as if it were Jesus and she had just been told flying were possible without a broom.

            “Violet!” I had complained as she scarfed it down. Hermione had giggled and I had gazed at the get-up we had put Violet in. A thigh length plaid skirt that showed off her legs but would still be able to be taken on and off easily as she changed. For a top, we put her in a white tee with two gingerbread cookies, one laying with x’s over the eyes, the other standing above it saying ‘Horror Movie.’ It was mine but Violet absolutely loved it. Underneath that was a dark tank top to cover up the ridiculous striped bra she was wearing. For warmth we allowed her to wear her brown parka with the faux fur lining the hood. She’d being wearing her black converse, of course.

            Shaking my head, I zone back into now. I slipped my arm through Hermione’s and we walked into Honeydukes, smelling in all the cocoa and sugar. For a few minutes we just stood there and sniffed the beautiful smells, until we saw the customers giving us those ah-candy-snatchers-are-with-us looks. Hermione and I walked arm-in-arm over to the hard candy aisle. Every so often I’m sure the people around us could hear giggling as we found strange shaped ones among the batch.

            “Do you think he’ll actually show?” Hermione sighed, as she set down the dinosaur shaped cinnamon. Glancing up at her, I find her giving me a serious look.

            I shook my head, feeling my loose hair dangle from my high pony. “I don’t know, ‘Mione. But if he doesn’t, I’ll personally kick Malfoy’s ass. Violet really needs this.” Hermione nodded but didn’t respond. So I continued to blather on, “This dare really needs work out. Violet has been … I don’t know … out of it, I guess.”

            Hermione dug in her jean pants pocket and took out a piece of parchment. Opening it she looked at the list. Two had ‘completed’ next to it and after Hermione took out a muggle pen, it had three.

            Step Three: Become MORE Than Mutual Friends (undoubtedly complete)

----------| Ron’s POV |----------

            I was walking away from Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes with a Skiving Snackbox to use over the rest of the year, when I spotted Hermione and Ginny walking into Honeydukes. Why were they at Hogsmeade? Our Transfiguration class had been allowed to leave for a bit of free time. They weren’t in Transfiguration, so what class did they have?

            Shrugging, I put the metal box under my arm and hustle over. It was a chance to talk to Hermione anyhow. They stood awkwardly in the front of the shop for a moment before scuttling off to the candy.

            Mmmm … candy. I could just take a peek in the—

            No! Talk to Hermione and Ginny first. I slouched my shoulders a tad and sauntered over to their aisle. I was about to pounce out of nowhere and scare the living broomsticks out of them, when I overheard what they were talking about.

            “—kick Malfoy’s ass. Violet really needs this,” Ginny mumbled. Now why would they be talking about Malfoy and Violet? Were they fighting again? They had had a few, shall we call them, spats? Only a few come to mind and all of them end with one of them in the Hospital Wing for at least a week. I internally shut up because my younger sister had started blabbing again. “This dare really needs work out. Violet has been … I don’t know … out of it, I guess.” Damn, Hermione looks really pretty today. She should wear her hair up more often … wait! Did she just say dare? As in, they dared Violet to date Malfoy?

            At the rustle of paper and a set of five easy steps, a plan of my own starts to bubble.

            Malfoy will never see it coming.

======

Hope you liked it!

Comment, Vote, and Fa-Han!

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess