Prologue

{May 3rd, 2022 The Present}

{May 3rd, 2022
The Present}

Flashes. Witnesses. Eyes. Handcuffs. Police. She walks with two guards on each side of her however before she's walked across the courtroom they take off her handcuffs letting her walk freely to her attorney. There's small talk occurs and she stands with her hands cupped in front of her. A nice suit on as she looks dead ahead. The courtroom full of civilians behind her.

"Judge Daphne Rollins for Case #876. Y/N Williams versus the state," a woman presenting to the judge says walking up to Judge Rollins and handing over a file. The judge takes it, placing on her glasses before hitting her gavel to catch everyone's attention.

"Court is in session. Everyone please be seated!" The judge speaks clearly and loud. The girl unbuttons her button so she can comfortably sit down. There's a silence that fills the air. Tense as eyes wonder about the room. Y/N Williams sits back, comfortably knowing her lawyer would do everything and anything to make sure she doesn't go to prison and if she does it won't be for long.

"District attorney Matthew Wesley, you're opening statement," Judge Rollins speaks, most all eyes going to him. Matthew Wesley stands and looks to the judge.

"Thank you Judge Rollins," Matthew Wesley says before walking around his table and facing the 12 jury members. "The defendant is a murderer, rapist, and kidnapper. She's killed over 40 people, possibly more. We're still unaware and still investigating. The detectives on this case have found that a victim of the defendants was held hostage, manipulated, forced into things that the victim didn't want to do. And it's not aware of what the defendants motive was for taking this victim hostage considering her memo was to kidnap and then kill after several days. But in this case, you'll see through the evidence that Y/N Williams held a victim hostage, tortured her, raped her, and kept her locked up for months with no remorse. Followed with countless numbers of victims the detectives of the police department have found due to the defendants hand."

District attorney Matthew Wesley nods, silence surrounding the courtroom as Wesley goes and sits down, allowing for Y/N Williams attorney to stand and take the floor.

"This is to determine whether or not my client Y/N Williams is guilty or not guilty. I'm here to help guide you all with evidence and testimony's that my client is indeed innocent," Lawyer Freya McCall said, cupping her hands together in front of her. "You'll find throughout this trial from testimony's and the evidence provided that my client has had a bad past. But that past doesn't define whom she is now. The prosecutor believes my client is guilty on the charges of murder on 40+ accounts, guilty of rape, guilty of hoarding drugs, guilty of kidnapping a young, innocent woman-"

"Stop! I object!" A young woman's voice shouted as the doors open. All eyes were directed to the doors. Even Y/N Williams' who slowly glances over her head to lock eyes with Alycia Carey's big soft green eyes. A small smile slowly slipped onto Y/N's lips seeing the young girl.

"Ms. You can't just come in here and object," Judge Rollins spoke out loudly, sternly.

"But Y/n didn't do anything!" Alycia declared coming forward. The prosecutor quickly stood and went to the gate door standing in front of it as two police guards go and gently grab a hold of Alycia.

"That's not up for you to decide. Now sit down-"

"Please listen to me! She didn't do anything!" Alycia shouted, fighting against the two guards, tears forming in her eyes as she tried fighting through the men who held her back.

"If you don't calm down miss and sit down I will have you removed from this court room," Judge Rollins speaks sternly, eyeing the woman though Alycia shakes her head as the district attorney turns towards Judge Rollins.

"Judge Rollins this is Alycia Carey. The victim," District attorney Matthew Wesley says and the judge tilts her head, looking back at Alycia.

"While I'm sympathetic to what you've been through Ms. Carey. You either sit down and be quiet or I have you removed," Judge Rollins said, her voice much more gentle this time around. Y/n Williams stares at Alycia who stands still a moment before letting her green eyes wonder to Y/n. Their eyes lock and Alycia bites her lip as Y/n wears a smirk. It's enough for Alycia to begin fighting back against the guards. They grab a hold of her tightly as the judge pounds her gavel telling the guards to remove Alycia out of the courtroom for the time being.

Y/n watched carefully, her smirk staying planted against her lips. She watches as Alycia cries out, trying everything she possibly could to break out of the guards embrace but soon enough Alycia was taken out of the courtroom causing Y/n to turn around and lean back in her seat, bringing up her hand to her face wiping it to try and contain the crazed smirk that forms on her face.

"Now, let's begin," Judge Rollins speaks hitting her gavel again everyone in the court getting ready to proceed. "Counsel McCall, your first witness to the stand."

Freya McCall stands and places her hands on the table, looking at the judge. "For my first witness I call upon..."