Just Around The River Bend

I picked up a small branch off the ground that had fallen by a nearby tree. "Where do you think we're heading?" Varian asked next to me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It could be anywhere. It doesn't feel like something I've ever had to find before." I said softly looking down at the branch and holding it out before taking a few deep breathes setting my intention into the dowsing rod.

"Maybe you're going to lead us to buried treasure!" Elizabeth said excitedly and I giggled.

"As great as that sounds, I don't think it's going to be treasure. Oh! Maybe we'll find bones!" I said to Varian and I saw Rosalie grimace out of the corner of my eye. "What's up princess? Don't like the thought of bones?" I asked with a soft smirk and she shook her head no.

"Have...have you ever found bones before?" Rosalie asked and I nodded. "Sunny and I find bones all the time. Although, when Sunny finds them they're only from the right side of animals bodies. Even skulls!" I said and all of them looked at me confused.

"Milady...what do you mean skulls?" Varian asked and I rolled my eyes. "I mean the parts of the skull that I physically have from Sunny are only from the right side of the body." I said and Varian and Elizabeth laughed while Rosalie was grossed out by the thought.

"What other things does Sunny bring you?" Elizabeth and I thought for a moment. "One time he brought me a live crow from outside. It was the middle of the night, and I woke up to cries of pain from this poor bird and Sunny meowing and growling at it as he kept it from escaping. I had to keep Sunny outside while I patched up this crow and now it brings me small trinkets that it finds. I've also been trying to teach it how to repeat after me and mimic me." I said with a smile.

"W-wait. You're telling me your cat tried to eat a bird and now it brings you things and you're teaching it things?" Rosalie asked and I nodded. "Crow's actually have the same mimicking capability as certain parrots. As for the little gifts it brings, it could be a sign of companionship or it thinks of you as a mate." Varian said and I laughed.

"Well I guess I'm destined to leave a trail of broken hearts behind me." I said and Varian laughed. I held my arms out and followed where the dowsing rod was directing us to go.

We started walking through the forest and I glanced around us. "Does anyone else feel like we're being watched?" I asked and they all looked at each other confused before shaking their heads no.

I looked through the trees and out of the corner of my eye I saw something move ever so slightly. "Let's keep going." I said and grabbed Varian's hand and dragged him in front with me. "Someone is following us." I whispered to him and he nodded. "Do you have the raccoon trap on you?" I asked and he reached into his pocket. He pulled out a pink glowing orb just enough for me to see.

"On my signal throw that behind the tree with the birds nest on the third branch from the bottom." I said and he nodded. We continued walking and I nodded at Varian. He threw the raccoon trap and a yell was heard from behind it. "Run!" I yelled grabbing Elizabeth's hand while Varian grabbed Rosalie's.

"Wh-what's going on?" Elizabeth asked as I lead us to who knows where. "Someone is following us. Thankfully, Sapphires typically carries alchemical substances on him at all times." I said as i weaved through trees and bushes.

"Milady, slow down!" Varian yelled and behind me and I came to sudden halt. The others ran right into me and we all fell on top of each other on the ground. "Ow. Okay, that hurt." I said from underneath everyone and they all quickly got up.

"Why'd you stop so suddenly? And why were we running?" Rosalie asked as Varian helped me off the ground. "Someone was following us. And I didn't mean to stop so suddenly. That was entirely on me." I said rubbing the back of my neck.