Chapter 15

Itachi Uchiha didn't know whether to feel proud or scared. Just now, he had attended a Holographic Akatsuki meeting using his ring, and there he had heard it from Kakuzu's mouth.

Sasuke Uchiha had taken four of his hearts.

Four

Fucking 

Hearts

No one, literally no one, had done this. First, Naruto defeated him, then almost killed Deidara. Now Sasuke had defeated Kakuzu. This duo was progressing at light speed. Not to mention the Nara, who had made a pincushion out of Kisame's double. Even if his power was only 60%, he was like one of the strongest members. He was more troublesome to fight than even Kakuzu or Hidan.

So he knew that Konoha was in good hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsunade was finally resting in her office when Naruto burst in.

"OBAACHAN! What's the deal with Konohamaru's team?" asked Naruto.

---Flashback---

Naruto was training or rather meditating, perfecting his new move. 

This new move was actually a power-up given by Natural energy. He still remembered when Jiraiya had told him that he could learn the sage mode. 

However, Naruto, after hearing everything, had asked for a few more years. He had to get his chakra control precisely to think of trying to master it, since to enter sage mode, he would need some time and if his reserves would become even bigger than they were, and not to mention more potent, he would need expert chakra control to not waste it.

If he was to master Sage mode, it would only be after his chakra control was at least High Jonin level, if not Kage. Right now, it was just a high Chunin level. In short, it still sucked.

But even so, for the past three years, he was training to see and feel the Natural energy. It was fabled that Hashirama Senju could enter and exit sage mode within seconds. For that, he would need to be able to feel it while moving. And he tried that. 

For two years he couldn't. But in the third year, he could.

But enough with this. What Naruto was currently doing was not pulling sage chakra and mixing it with his chakra, it was the opposite. Naruto currently emptied his body of natural energy.

Natural energy was just like air. Present everywhere. So were its properties. So Naruto's theory was, that if he created a vacuum, when he would let it enter his body, it would rush in as it happens with the wind. And he would use that current of Natural energy directly instead of mixing it with his chakra.

So theoretically, he would directly pump Natural energy in his jutsu.

Naruto had succeeded in this. Now it was time to make it like second nature to him.

He was focusing on this when he heard a voice.

"Oi boss!" 

He turned to see Konohamaru walking towards him cheerfully.

"Aah, Konohamaru. What's up?" asked Naruto.

"Nothing. Teach me some stuff boss," said Konohamaru.

"What about your jonin sensei?" 

"Well, you see, my team is a kind of anomaly. MY team has four genins," said Konohamaru sheepishly.

...

...

...

"What!" 

"Yeah. Me, Udon, Moegi, and Hanabi chan. So that's why during a mission one of us has to stay back. Today was my turn. Doesn't matter, it's just a D-rank," said Konohamaru.

"It does matter, Kono, I am going to have a talk with Baachan."

---End---

"Ahh... well, about that Naruto, we didn't have enough students for another team," said Tsunade.

"Tch. But this will hamper their growth," said Naruto.

"Naruto, you must understand that we don't have many options. Plus there is no Jonin volunteer who is left to take a team. And we can't force a new jonin to take a team. It can only be forcefully given after 6 years of service as a Jonin," pointed out Tsunade.

"... But if there was a new Jonin volunteer, would he or she be able to take him as a personal apprentice?"

Hiruzen, who was reading the new Icha Icha was now completely listening to Naruto.

"Yeah, but who woul-"

"I, Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze, volunteer to take Konohamaru Sarutobi as my student and swear to teach him to the best of my abilities," said Naruto confidently.

For a moment, there was complete silence. Even team Ebisu including Konohamaru, who was standing just outside the door, listening to the conversation much to Ebisu's protest, were shocked.

"What?"

"I am requesting to take Konohamaru as my personal student, just like Ero sennin and Kakashi did." 

"Are you sure about this Naruto?" asked Tsunade.

"Baachan, you know I just gave my word, and I never go back on my words, that's my ninja way. I am pretty sure. Even with the Tenchi Bridge mission, I will still train him. I will train him so well that he will be ready for the chunin exam which is just around the corner," said Naruto confidently.

"What?"

"Don't worry, Baachan, I won't send him for the exam if I have even the slightest of concern that he won't make it till the finals. But remember this, he will. I have so many people to look up to, so many legacies to uphold. I won't fail," said Naruto.

"But is there any specific reason to pick Konohamaru?" asked Hiruzen.

This question was followed by deafening silence.

"... Yes. He is like me..." said Naruto.

"What do you mean Naruto?" asked Iruka.

"We both lost our parents at an early age. We both look up to the same person as our grandfather. We both want the people of the village to recognize us for who we are, not who we have inside us or whose son or grandson we are. But most importantly, we both aim for being Hokage. And it is my duty as a shinobi of Konoha, and as the son of Yondaime Hokage, to nurture the will of fire. If me teaching him means that even one ninja would become stronger, even one more life would be safe, our village's strength would increase even a little, I will do it."

"Plus, I have three very good teachers to look up to and draw inspiration from. Kakashi sensei, Ero Sennin, and... Iruka sensei," said Naruto as he looked at Iruka.

"Alright Naruto, just don't regret this," said Tsunade.

"I became a Jonin recently. I would be damned if I would let him lose to me," said Naruto with a grin.

Tsunade just chuckled, and Hiruzen smiled contently, knowing that his grandson was in good hands.

The next second the door opened as he was tackled by Konohamaru onto the ground.

===================================================

Hello everyone, so here is another chapter, and thanks for 124K reads. This book is growing really fast. 

Also, as you can see, things are getting interesting from here. Sasuke will hopefully get his own arc soon, free of Orochimaru, about one major development. Naruto will have to quickly adapt to his role as a teacher. And a new jutsu is coming up. Hope you guys are up for it.

Also, please tell me what you guys think about the last chapter's fight. I was really inexperienced when I started this book, but I feel I have been getting better at writing the fight scenes. But that's what I think. 

You guys tell your opinion about my progress as an action writer.

And finally, please vote, comment, and share.