Leanne

We have all been betrayed at least once in our lives. It is more often than not by someone really close to us. Two days ago, Bet-Khar held me in his arms and promised I'd be ok. Our last interaction replays over and over and refuses to disappear. "You are safe here. Sleep now. I will see you in the morning." He said, before leaving me with Zahraun. I try to ignore the feeling of hurt and betrayal, but resisting only makes my brain keep playing it over and over again. Bet-Khar disposed of me to someone who was a total stranger to me.

Everyone suffers at least one betrayal in their lifetime. The hardest part is not to let it destroy your trust in others when it happens. Similar to a wound, your heart needs time to heal when dealing with betrayal . Over time, as you work through the pain, it will become less. You may not forget it, but it will not hold you captive for life.

Thanks to Celtic, my new room is beautiful. But as thoughtful as the gesture had been, I am not used to the Yautja lifestyle and I need the reassurance of familiar surroundings. Instead, I stared at a sleek-looking board floating above the floor. From what Bet-Khar had explained to me once, the Yautja were able to make their furniture and appliances float by using a force-field technology. I turn in a circle and study the foreign sight as I wait for the house helper to come and show me how to "safely bathe". I do not think it's necessary, but Celtic have made his instructions very clear. And I do not wish to anger him. 

From the corner of my eyes I see movement. A low hissing sound from behind me, reminding me of an animal of some kind. Before I have a chance to turn around, something slams down on my head, pushing my face down to the floor and I gasp for air. I push my knees against the floor, trying to breath.

One hand wraps around the back of my neck, and another hand presses my face against the floor. Panic makes my heart rate speed up, and I use my nails to scratch the hand holding me down. The hand hits the side of my head and I scream in pain, but no sound comes out. Gasping for air is a frightening experience.

I find myself paralyzed by fear, right before something heavy presses against my back. I lay face down on the floor, trapped under a heavy figure. I try to crawl out from beneath whoever that is but my human strength is no match against the heavy weight.

The last thing I remember before everything went black was a low animalistic hiss and a stinging pain between my neck and shoulder.