|| 28 ||

"So now we have to go to a whole new region that's almost a billion miles away from here?"

Albedo looked at Kaeya. Unimpressed. "That's over exaggerating."

"But it certainly looks way too far, don't you think?" Kaeya said again, as he saw Diluc looking at the map of Teyvat.

"We can find a few way to get there. But it's a region currently still under tight surveillance and 'imprisonment.'" Diluc explained, as he rolled the map back up.

"The vision hunt decree." Albedo said again. Somehow, he had an idea that Kaeya would be more well known about such topics because he's seen him looking at quite a few books about Teyvat.

"I thought the Raiden Shogun withdrew the vision hunt decree. There was a whole war about it." Kaeya intercepted.

Albedo was correct with his instincts.

"Yes. And the traveler." Albedo said again.

Diluc looked at the two guys, not quite sure how to join in their conversation cause he didn't really have much knowledge about other regions.

Not that he even had the time to.

He just waved a hand in dismissal. "Let's just head to the region."

It wasn't as barricaded as they heard from the others. Either the change in the Raiden Shogun, or it was something else.

If they were to find him, it wouldn't be as difficult since his hat stands out quite a lot in the eyes of a foreigner.

Though wouldn't he be gone by now, after he had retrieved what he needed?

It was quite hilarious when they were searching the entire place. And once they almost gave up, they found the said man. Sitting inside a small shop, hat off. And eating some treats provided by the shop owner, and as a fatui diplomat had been telling him something.

Almost smacking their foreheads in disbelief, Albedo was the first to approach him.

"Are you... the Balladeer?" Scaramouche slowly turned his head, aiming his glare to whoever was asking who he was while he was off duty.

"Depends on who's asking."

"Childe told us we could come to you." He said again.

Scaramouche processed what was said, as he ate the last treat on his plate, setting the stick down.

"You're the group that's looking for me cause of what? I stole a gnosis or something?" He said sarcastically.

"What?" The males said.

"What?" Scaramouche repeated.

Albedo shook his head. "We wanna know where they took Y/N."

Scaramouche rose an eyebrow. "Oh." He stood up from his seat this time, eyeing the men in front of him. "You're the ones that ginger sent to me."

He muttered, barely even audible at this point.

Without a second thought, he grabbed his hat, placing it on his small head. And waved a hand to signal them to follow.

"They most likely took her to the Zapolyarny Palace. The one in which the Tsaritsa resides in." Scaramouche started explaining. But very briefly.

Diluc had a very displeased face.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I'm only doing this cause Y/N hates going to the palace." Scaramouche re stated.

"We appreciate the cooperation." Kaeya said as well. To which resulted in the fatui harbinger to, roll his eyes in annoyance.

Scaramouche pointed with his thumb towards the fatui ship. Which carries cargo to places, and as well as for transportation purposes.

"Get on. If you wanna find the palace, it'd be better if you followed instructions."

The rest just looked at each other oddly. But Albedo went on without much of a hesitant facade.

Scaramouche watched as he went on. Then back at the ("icy-hot" combo four-course-meal)— *ehem*

He looked at them quite judgingly, seeing if they were going to go on, or not. And Kaeya nearly skipped on the ship. Diluc had to put away his wishes for retribution and inner fiery. And let go of his inner ego for a few seconds.

And he went on the ship.

Scaramouche led them towards a large room. And sat down on the couch, after flinging his hat like a frisbee, making it land on his desk. It was so perfect, he probably practiced it a million times while no one was watching him.

But he's just used to playing frisbee with his hat, while throwing it back and forth with Y/N.

"Do you guys even know what it means to be going to the palace?" Scaramouche started, as he had his legs crossed, resting the side of his face on his knuckles.

"You have to be prepared to face the ice." He recited. But dismissed the thought with only but a sigh. "Well it wouldn't matter anyways."

"Wouldn't you be in big trouble for helping us?" Kaeya asked.

Scaramouche kept an irritated yet, constant eye contact with the Captain. "What do you think?"

Kaeya had a hand under his chin. Then with a smile, he proceeded to say his answer. "Quite the big deal, yes? You'll be in big trouble."

"Yes. I will. As long as you imbeciles, don't get caught. I won't either."

Diluc had a pretty pissed off face. "Are you here to help us, or just insult us?"

"Why, of course I'm here to help you. You lot just make it hard for me to not insult." He shrugged. In an uncaring manner.

"You—" Kaeya had to pull back Diluc before he took out his claymore. And Albedo simply continued to listen.

"Well then. Since we've got a far long more way until we make it. Why don't we have a chat?"

"I told you, you can't rid completely of the fatui."

"Who...?"

"And I told you you'll always be bound to the fatui. And bound to me. How have you been, Leto?"