Thomas Imagine (Request!)

Warning: Some language, fluff, and spice
Word Count: 1615 words
Quick A/N: This one was requested by @_ghostly_ghost. I had a lot of fun writing this one. It was such a good prompt! Hope you enjoy! ~Oct. 3, 2021
• • • • •

Thomas will always remember the first time he met Victoria. He had been sitting next to Newt during the bonfire the night of his arrival. As Newt slurred an introduction to him, his eyes were very much occupied by the gorgeous female with ginger hair and green eyes across the fire. She stood with a jar of the liquid in her hand but she only drank from it every so often.

"Greenie, are you even paying attention to me?" Newt asked him, taking yet another sip of the golden grossness. Thomas nodded, Newt's gaze turned to match his friend's before he nodded with a laugh. "Oh, I see. You fancy Vicki. Good luck with that, shank."

Thomas turned to him and playfully punched his arm. "Stop, I'm just wondering why she's the only girl here."

"She was just another Greenie out of the box. We thought that meant others would show up, but its been a year since so I guess not," Newt got to his feet and extended a hand down to his friend. "Come on, I'll introduce you two." Thomas was almost dragged over to the girl, Newt almost stumbling as he pulled his new friend along.

"Newt!" The girl spoke with a warming welcome. "Whatcha been up to?"

"Just explaining to the new Greenie here who everyone is and what they do. I figured the shank would probably want to meet the Runners of the group." Newt winked and patted Thomas's back, causing him to stumble forward.

"Nice to meet ya, Shuckface," She smiled, extending her hand. "I'm Vicki."

The two grew rather close very quickly and slowly Thomas built up the courage to ask her to be his girlfriend. She said yes, of course, and within a few months they were practically the same person. They were always together, not to mention began to pick up each other's phrases. It had been a little over a year now since then, but they still were going strong.

He had come back from Running later than he had planned, irritated and angry. He quickly scribbled his map in a rush to get back to his and Vicki's hut. She, however, had other plans. She had picked up how Thomas was acting different than before so she wanted to do something special for the two of them: a candle lit dinner between the two of them and just some time to focus on themselves.

"Hey, love," She hugged him from behind as he worked. "How was your Section today?"

"Fantastic." His voice was monotone as the pencil etched quickly. She let go of his body and sat down next to him, looking at his work.

"Are you alright?" She questioned.

"Fine." He was being abrupt and Victoria didn't appreciate it, but she didn't let it show. He threw the pencil on the table, leaving the sheet of paper on top of another pile. He didn't even acknowledge her as he left. She followed him out and continued to try to keep the conversation running.

"I have something planned tonight for us." She smiled, matching his pace and following him to their room.

"Oh, great." He didn't seem enthused.

"I set up a little dinner for us so we can just forget everything and just be with each other for a bit," She tried not to let the light drain from her tone. He sighed. They arrived at their hut. "Look, I know something's going on with you. You haven't been yourself in a few days."

"Give me a break. I've been working my ass off all week." He uttered, rolling his eyes as he walked further into the room.

"Give you a break?" Her voice was loud and angry. "You don't think I haven't been working? We're both Runners, Shank! We all want breaks, Thomas, besides I'm asking you to join me to dinner and you don't even sound the teensiest bit happy. What do you even want a break from? A break from me?"