Chapter 17

"We are sad to see you leave so soon." Harry says to Mar and Diego who have their luggage and are ready to leave.

"We've been here long enough. We just wanted to see Hope was doing well and she is, we can go in peace now." Mar says.

"I had arranged the plane to take you tomorrow morning." Tom says.

"It's ok. We don't want to bother anymore, we already bought our tickets to fly tonight."

"Either way, we hope you enjoyed your time here." Tom adds.

"Thank you Tom, we did." Mar say.

I stand next to Tom extremely nervous but I try to play it cool. Today is the day I leave, today I leave all of this nightmare behind. This plan has to work, it has to work. Mar walks up to me and hugs me.

"Let's give them some privacy so they can say goodbye," Tom says. "To my office please." He adds and Harry and Harrison follow him. As soon as Tom is out of sight, we rushed outside where the SUV is waiting to take them to the airport. Diego puts the luggage in the back and hops in the car and so does Mar, when I attempt to do so, the man Tom assigned to take them blocks my way.

"Hi Leo, I'm going with you this o the airport. Let's go." I say attempting to get in but failing again.

"I'm sorry Mrs Holland, but I can't take you unless I have authorization from Mr Holland"

"Excuse me?" I say pretending to be hurt. "Didnt Tom say when you arrived here that my needs are as important as his? Well I need to go with you to the airport."

"Again ma'am, I apologize, but until Mr. Holland says I can take you, I won't take you."

"Ugh." You complain. "Stay here, I'll be right back." You run inside the house towards Tom's office. You don't even bother to knock you just walk in to find everyone staring at you.

"Ah Hope good thing you're here," he says when he sees you walk in. "We are leaving tomorrow after lunch." He says and everyone start mumbling. "Go finish getting ready." He says and everyone leaves his office leaving me and him alone.

"Are you ready for the trip?" He asks not looking at me. Lately, he seems not be able to do it.

"Yes, just need to pack a few stuff and I'll be done," I say. "But I wanted to ask you if I can go with Leo to drop off Mar and Diego at the airport?"

"No." He simply says.

"Why not?"

"Because I said no."

"That's not a good reason."

"I don't care Hope, you're not going."

"Come on Diego is waiting for me down stairs to leave." I beg and he takes his phone out dialing a number.

"Leo, you can leave, Mrs Holland is staying." He say to the phone before hanging up.

I'm so annoyed at him. Why must he behave like this with me? A complete asshole is what he is. "I hate you." I say before getting out of the office as fast as I can.

"Where are you going?" He yells from the door.

"My room. Mind your business." I yell back.

As soon as I make it to my room my cellphone rings with the text message ringtone.

D🤍: Plan B.

I look around my room to take things I really need. I put my cellphone in my back pocket, grab a chapstick and a sweater. I don't think I can't take anything else without making it noticeable. I make my way around the house trying to not be seen by the man. I make it to the kitchen and through the kitchen to the backyard. I'm running as fast as I can towards the back fence. By now Diego must have taken control over the vehicle and will be coming to get me at the back of the house. We chose to do this at night because even if there is security it's too deep and dark to see, plus I'm wearing all back. I'm so close to the back when I hear a voice that makes me stop.