Chapter 16

Ara poured the banana shake into the glass and carried it to Angela who was sitting behind the dining table. 

"Finish it," she said sternly to Angela who gave her a stink eye in return before grabbing the glass and scrunching her nose in distaste. 

"This smells horrible," she groused. Jenna chuckled at her tantrum, whereas, Ara rolled her eyes and walked back over to the counter.
"It smells just fine, Angel," she replied in a flat tone while loading the plate with toasts.

"You've changed,' Angela complained as she folded her tiny arms across her chest.

"You don't love me anymore," she accused. Ara stopped in her track and turned on her heels to find little Angela on the verge of crying. She exchanged a look with Jenna who also appeared as clueless as her. 

Ara strode over to Angela. Her lower lip jutting out and a cute frown sitting over her brows as she stared hard at the table with her arms crossed. She was looking cute. Ara stood behind her chair and leaned over it till her face was next to Angela's. 

" Now why My Angel would think like that?" she questioned as she gave Angela a hug from behind and fondly kissed her cheek.

" You've become mean. You don't play with me anymore and.....and you don't even answer me when I talk to you," Angela ranted without a break. Ara raised her brows at her list of complaints. The little girl was hiding a lot. 

"You don't love me anymore," she accused bitterly.

Ara's heart broke at her accusation. Ara had become quieter than before because of the incident that happened many nights ago. She had no idea her lack of response and involvement had affected Angela to this length. Regret washed over her.  

"Of course, I love you, my Princess. I love you more the anyone," she smashed her cheek against hers and started rocking her side to side. 

" I am extremely sorry, Honey. I promise I won't ignore you anymore," she apologized truthfully. 

"Promise?" Angela asked 

"Pinky promise," Ara uncurled her pinky finger and held it out for her. Angela grinned broadly and interlaced her pinky finger with Ara's. 

"That's like my girl," Ara cheered heartily and kissed the top of her head.

Ara kneeled to her chair's side and cradled her face.  

"Always remember, Angel, that Ary loves you the most," she expressed warmly. Angela nodded brightly and Ara reached up to give a peck on her forehead. 

"Now finish your banana shake,' she said as she playfully flicked her tiny nose. Angela's grin vanished instantly and she scowled at Ara. 

"You thought, I'll forget it," Ara eye-pointed towards the glass of shake before bursting into sweet laughter. She pulled to her feet and ruffled her hair. Laughing, she turned around, not expecting him standing by the door. She forgot laughing the moment her blue eyes connected with his greyish-green ones. Dressed in his finest suit, he was leaning against the doorframe with his hands buried inside his pants pockets.

Her cheeks heated up instantly when she realized he was looking at her. He didn't look away nor did he try to hide the swirl of emotions burning in his orbs as he stared keenly into her pure blue eyes. They held each other's gaze, she wondering if he needed something from her and he, because, well, because he fucking loved exploring the pair of blue oceans she owned. She was the first to break off the eye contact. Her gaze flickered to someone behind him. Ara's brow knitted in puzzlement when she spotted big red marks on her neck and shoulder. Removing her gaze from her, she rounded the table and strode over to the counter, making sure not to raise her eyes again.