Chapter 37: Finding out

Hunter's P.O.V.

"So Amity's grounded?" Luz is giving me the puppy eyes as she asks more information on the recent event. I just nod, for some reason feeling weird about giving her bad news. "It could always be worse." I try to reassure her, but this probably isn't good enough. "You could always try sneaking through her window like you did last time.

A blush comes to her face while she rubs the back of her head. "Right, right, right, right-right." Now that I think of it, I've been curious about romantic relationships for a while. I was told those are just a waste of time. I agreed with them but I was still always curious. And now since I'm not under HIS rule, could I pursue one? I've had a few awkward moments with Edric but as if that could happen.

Eda comes in the room drinking a mug of apple blood, having a bloody, liquid mustache. "You're not gonna run away again, are you?" She asks calmly. "I technically didn't run away from you. But I guess I can't do that now." At least they aren't laughing at my wanted poster this time. "I'll be outside." Is what I tell them before getting up and walking to the door. 

"Doing what?" Eda questions me. "Practicing glyphs-" Luz gets up from the couch and to me. "That reminds me! We've gotta practice glyphs together!" Rascal has to flap up from my shoulder from her pulling me by the arm.

Instead of trying to shake her off I just roll my eyes and let her drag me wherever. Luz brings me to a pile of books near the couch and shows me some pieces of paper. "Just hold still!" She tells me with such excitement. Last time I was told to 'Hold still' I got- And placed the piece of paper onto my arm. 

I can't see my arm anymore! Then looking down I can't see my legs! "An invisibility glyph?!" I too now become excited but my form once again becomes visible. "But it stops when you breathe." That's disappointing. But I suppose it's better than nothing. "I gotta- I'll go tell Edric." I make sure to tone my voice down. Don't want to seem too rambunctious.

Where is he? Exiting the living room, I enter the kitchen to check if he's in here, which he is. "Ed-" But I immediately stop talking when seeing him asleep on a chair with his head laying on the table all while his scroll is open beside his sleeping head. Glancing over to the scroll, I notice it was him and his sister, Emira texting.

At first I try to break my gaze from the scroll as it could be private, But I swear I notice my name in a sentence. The curiosity is eating me as I take a closer look and it says 'But will your crush on the Golden whatever be a little awkward? Mom will freak out and he might get caught by the emperor again'. 

I can feel from the center of my nose to the tips of my ears become crimson with heat.

(Spelling errors? And how was it? Hope him finding out this way was a good idea)