thirty nine

~~~

~~~

"look, it was right here, and this is where that maniac claimed his next victim. right there." Kiara explained to Shoupe pointing to where JJ was crouched down looking at at the clean floor.

"uh-huh. his next victim?" Shoupe asked the teens.

"yeah."

"right. how long ago did you say it happened?" Shoupe asked looking at his watch.

"forty-five minutes ago, Shoupe." JJ stood up from examining the floor.

"okay. and so, Ward Cameron just popped one off and shot him." Shoupe sarcastically said.

"yes." Kiara sighed.

"execution style? and then cleaned it all up in 45 minutes?" Shoupe asked not believing a word they were saying.

"yeah."

"obviously."

"why would we lie about that?"

"we filmed the entire thing." Kiara told him.

"you filmed it?" Shoupe asked in disbelief.

"yes, but we can't show it to you because i stepped on JJ's hand, and then he kicked Pope, Ace was having an anxiety attack so we had to leave quick and then Pope dropped the camera because it's a piece of shit, and it broke." Kiara explained to Shoupe her voice shaking and cracking.

"this is a telephoto, and we needed to get a long-distance image, and... and... and i fell, and it broke, so the video is basically unusable. but... but we were there, and we're wit-" Pope started to explained until Shoupe cut him off.

"so the dog ate your homework?" he asked.

"no, Shoupe. i know it sounds-"

"look, i don't know what you kids expect me to do with this. you drag me out here in the middle of the night for a whole lot of nothing. except for some crazy stories about how Ward Cameron's out on a random killing spree." Shoupe told the four who were all on the verge of screaming.

"we're not making this up! Shoupe!" JJ yelled angry and had enough with the police department not believing the Pogues.

"why the hell won't you believe us!?" Caroline yelled stepping forward.