Chapter Twenty

Genevieve

I woke up on a concrete floor. It was freezing and highly uncomfortable. I looked around and noted that I was in a cage, in a basement; like where packs keep rogues and enemies. There were two other cages. Both empty. Surprisingly, I didn't have chains on me, and there was a bed that looked semi-comfortable.

"Sleeping Beauty finally woke up." I looked around for the voice, but no one was in the room.

"Who's there?" I called out.

"Look in the top corner of your cell," the voice demanded.

I turned around and looked at the ceiling. Where the wall and ceiling meet, there was a security camera. It pointed directly at me. I sweetly smiled at the camera and gave it the finger.

"I would expect more from the Queen," the voice stated with a light chuckle.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?" I questioned.

"I want my pack."

I got up and sat against the wall. "I don't know who you are, so I can't help you," I stated calmly.

The voice was quiet. I heard a lock, then a creaking noise. It must be a door. Light came through the left side of the room, and I saw two shadows. The door closed, and two men stepped towards my cage.

"I'm Alpha Thomas Jacobs," the brunette man introduced himself. "This is Beta Eric Hefner," he pointed at the man next to him. I nodded at them. My wolf wasn't going crazy trying to get me out of here, so I stayed calm.

"Do you know who we are?" the Beta asked.

I shrugged. "Should I?"

The two men shared a look and chuckled. "I was the Alpha of the Crescent Moon Pack. Eric is from Nightfall."

I stared at the men with wide-eyes. "The two packs that mated two alphas," I voiced my thoughts.

"So you have heard of us," Alpha Jacobs stated.

"I heard that you are power hungry ass-holes who killed an unborn child," I hissed.

Alpha Jacobs growled at me. "We were combining two packs. Nothing is wrong with that," he defended, but a frown appeared on his face.

"And we didn't know that slut was pregnant," Beta Hefner added.

I ignored him and looked at the Alpha. "You killed your mate. You killed your child," I stated.

"She was weak," Alpha Jacobs said with a shrug. I could tell that it was getting to him. He was putting on a show- acting like he didn't care about his mate. But it was obvious that he genuinely didn't know about his child. "Enough about us, though. Tell me, Queen Genevieve. How is it that a beautiful girl like yourself gets rejected?" he smirked.

I put on my own emotionless mask. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Alpha Jacobs chuckled. "If you're gonna lie to me, at least say something more original."

"My parents just died and my mate kissed a girl in front of me. I don't feel like dealing with your shit," I sneered.

"Did I hit a nerve?" Alpha Jacobs teased while I glared at him. "Fine. Let's talk about the other men in your life."

"What other men?"

"Well, I'm obviously not talking about your father, since I ripped his heart out," he stated.

I got up and stood in front of the men with only the bars of the cell separating us. "When I get out of here, I'll skin you with a cheese grater. Then I'll use wolfsbane and silver to write my name on what's left of your vile body," I raged.