20. The Church

Yushkova Mansion

Devon and Ariel were sharing a heated moment inside the bedroom. Unknown to the woman, the man was thinking about Natalia.

'Why can't I make you mine? You're my wife and yet I couldn't normally see you or touch you.'

Devon lifted his head and closed his eyes tightly. He punished Ariel for a different reason. His muscles were tensed in using great force.

"Devon...it hurts!" The woman pleaded but to no avail the man continued on riding her. Ariel cannot do anything as she is weaker in strength. She endured the whole time and was on the verge of passing out. Her body was like ripping apart in a bad way.

After releasing his boiling emotion, Devon wore his robe and left the room while the woman who was laying on the bed became unconscious.

He entered the study room and found Euro. He absent-mindedly poured out wine on one of the glasses and stood near the window.

"Son, what happened?"

"Father, I failed. That priest showed up and gave his testimony. I've sent some men to make him retract his statement but the church property was being watched by dozens of security. It's seems that he has a big backing who knows his every move." He involuntarily gripped the glass of wine with brute force.

"Don't worry about that anymore. Let's just focus on the Zimmer Company for now. The review findings are out. It coincided with what Jude Genome reported at the shareholders' meeting. Now, we are waiting what would be the action of the higher management." Euro told his son.

Devon just nodded his head and continued drinking his wine still thinking about his wife.

#######

"Hold that thought. I'm no royalty. The Gates family is a distant relative to them. It just so happened that the Queen wanted the whole 'line' thing to celebrate with her centennial year at the palace. The Duchess has no companion that time thus my parents insisted that I should escort my distant cousin at the ball." Alexander explained.

"Okay." Natalia simply said in return. The man took a quick glance of the woman who's still looking at the window.

"If a bizarre thing happened, would it be okay if this friend of yours become a real prince?" Alexander calculatively asked the woman.

Natalia looked at the man. 'Why is he asking me like he needed my approval?'
She didn't reply and just shrugged her shoulders. Both of them hold the thought.

After several minutes, they arrived at the church vicinity. Hannah was already awake when they reached their destination.

"Princess...?" The kid murmured while rubbing her eyes.

"I'm here little one." Natalia smiled at the girl and unbuckled Hannah's seat belt. She carried the girl while they walked to the church. She noticed a bunch of men in black surrounding the outer limits of the buildings. Natalia then looked at Alexander, who was walking beside her, in confusion.

"For protection." The handsome man simply stated. The so-called security people gazed at them. One of the men, who seemed to be the leader, approached Alexander and paid respect to the three people who just arrived. Then the man whispered something to Alexander which made the latter clenched his jaws.

"What's the matter?" Natalia asked looking at the cold demeanor of her companion.

"Let's go inside first."

The three of them entered one of the buildings at the back of the church. An old lady welcomed and led them to a small meeting room. The reverend was already waiting for their arrival.