Part 14

"Okay detention is over, leave !" Mr. Brown yelled and I stood up and grabbed my backpack. "Uhm...Ashley I would like to talk to you for a second" Mr. Brown said. I looked at Emma and nodded.  "Okay" I said, everyone left the classroom.

"So as you saw Jax Martinéz left in the middle of detention and that's not acceptable" Mr. Brown said and I nodded. "Yeah... I know" I said and waited for him to continue.
"And today was the longest Jax ever stayed in 'class' he normally skipps all his lessons...and detentions" Mr. Brown said. "Okay...? and why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Because  later today I'll talk with the principal and your father  about an transfert" He said and I looked at him with a confused look. "An transfert? For who? Me?" I asked and looked at him in chook.

"Yes, I want you to be Jax's 'guid' trough this school year. He need to higher his grades if he wants to began at college" Mr. Brown said and I stared at him.  "Jax is two years older than me that's literally not possible that I can move up two years" I said and Mr. Brown shook his head.

"Ashley, I have seen your grades. It wouldn't be a problem for you to move up to years. And I consider that you will help Jax and he'll probably stay in school during the lessons and his grades will enhance" Mr. Brown said.

I looked down at the ground. Is this something that I should do? Or say yes to?

"What if I don't want to?" I asked but Mr. Brown just shook his head. "You won't be able to say no if your parents and the principal says yes" Mr. Brown said and opened the door out from the classroom. He wanted me to leave.

"What? I-" I began but he interrupted me. "Mrs. Roberts, we'll just try this method in a few weeks to see if Jax's grades rise and if it's not you can move back to your old class" I starred at him. "I'll call your parents later today" He said and I left the classroom in anger.

Emma looked at me. "Why is it that everywhere I go Jax is there?" I muttered and Emma gave me an questioning look. "What do you mean?" Emma asked.

"Mr. Brown wants me to move up two classes to raise Jax's grades because he stay in class longer when I'm with him! And if dad says yes when Mr. Brown call him today. I don't have a choice, then I'm moving up two classes!" Emma looked at me in shock.

"But-" Emma began but someone interrupted her. Sebastian. Ugh Sebastian. I don't really want to talk to him right now.

"Hey Ashley, can I talk to you for a second please?" He asked and looked at me. Emma stared at us before giving me the I'll let you handle this by your own look and left.

"I was talking to Emma" I said but Sebastian didn't care. "I wanted to say I'm sorry...for everything" He said. I looked at him.  How should say this...?

"Sebastian... Even if you are sorry we're not getting back together" I mumbled and Sebastian's face turned into a sad expression. 

"What?" He asked. "We. Are not. Getting back together." I said and he shook his head in confusion.

"Is it about your virginity? I can forget about  the marriage promise I made for myself... and we can get back together" He said and I sighted.
"Sebastian, you don't understand. I don't feel the same about you as I did before" I said. To be honest it hurts to see Sebastian sad and I hate to make him upset.

He looked at me one last time and walked away without saying a word. I sighted again and walked out to the school's parking lot. I didn't see Emma's car.

Seriously? Did she leave? I need to get home fast so I can tell dad that I don't want to move up to classes before Mr. Brown calls him.

I groaned and began to walk home.
I ran up to our front door and opened the door. Dad was standing in the hallway. "Hey dad!" I began but he lifted his hand up. He was talking on the phone. No no no! I followed dad out to the kitchen and tried to hear the conversation.

"Okay I'll tell her that. Perfect" Dad said and hung up he looked at me.

"So Mr. Brown talked to me..." Dad said. "Dad I don't want to move up two years" I said but he didn't listen.

"I think this would be a great opportunity for you Ashley. You have high grades. I said yes to his offer and  tomorrow will be your first day in your new class. You'll  get your schedule and everything tomorrow morning " He said and I looked at him in shock. He said yes?To Mr. Brown's offer?!

"Tomorrow?!" I almost yelled and dad nodded. "Why did you say yes just like that? Without my opinion?!" Dad didn't look like he cared about what I said.

"Ashley calm down, Okay? As your father I think this will be good for you. I think you need a little bit more challenge in school" Dad said and I looked at him and groaned.

"You need to start listen about what I have to say!" I yelled and walked up to my room and slammed my door shut making my bedroom wall vibrate.

I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. Okay this isn't that bad. I just moved up two classes. And I'll meet Jax everyday. Okay that's bad.

I picked up my phone and opened it. I've got one message from an unknown number.

Hey Ashley. Can u hang out someday? R u free on tomorrow after school? I can pick you up. //Jack

I smiled at his text.

Me: I think i'm free tomorrow.

Jack:Great! text me when I can pick you up..

Me: OK

I closed my phone and walked down to the kitchen again.  I would like to get to know Jack better. And I think I need something else to think about after school because I won't be able to ignore Jax now.

Dad looked at me and smiled. "You know I think moving up to classes is good for you" He said. I didn't answer. I don't want to talk about it anymore. I think he understood.

"There's leftovers in the fridge from last night. I won't be home tonight, but Paul is in his room and he'll stay home with you" Dad said and took a bite from the sandwich he made.

"Paul doesn't need to baby-sit me" I said. "Good. Then I trust you that you don't leave and go out tonight not until we find out who killed that poor boy Alex" Dad said and sighed.

I opened the microwave to warm up the leftovers from last night.

***