Joshaya Meets Ski Lodge

Thank you BoingxGorgeous for this idea!

The idea was: Next idea, if it's good, write how the Ski Lodge episodes were a bit different. Maya wasn't acting all dorky and in love causing everyone to think something was wrong including Josh but nobody did anything about it later the day Josh has had enough of not knowing what to expect with Maya so he confronts her outside of the lodge and she tells him she heard back from a dying Kermit.

Josh's POV

I watched Maya walk away from her friends who were currently discussing what movie to watch. She had been acting strangely, I asked Riley and she said it had been going since the night before we left for the lodge. She had been distancing herself and hadn't jumped on my yet, I had to admit I missed it. I missed how she'd call me Boing, I miss how she'd 'flirt' in her dorky yet adorable way. But most of all, I missed her smile, the one that could light the whole room up when she walked in. her smile so contagious even Missy had once succumbed to it. I got up, leaving the group to continue debating on the movie choice, I followed the direction she went and ended up outside the front of the lodge. I looked around until I saw her sat on a bench nearby with her back to me. I walked around the bench and sat next to her, "What's up little ferret?" I asked her and she turned her head to face me. "What do you want?" she groans. "To make sure you're ok..." I trail off as I place my hand on her cheek.

Maya's POV

I freeze under his touch, unsure what to do, I look back up at his face and his eyes meet mine. "J-Josh" I stutter and he raises one of his eyebrows, "W-what are y-you d-d-doing?" I ask still stuttering. "Maya, please just tell me what's wrong." He pleads and I look at him closely and sigh before leaning away from him. "H-he c-called m-me back..T-To t-tell m-me he w-was d-dy-dying." I stutter and realisation dawns on Josh's features.

Josh's POV

"H-he c-called m-me back..T-To t-tell m-me he w-was d-dy-dying." she stutters and I look at her, instantly knowing she meant her father. Riley had urged her for weeks to ring him, this must have been far from what Maya expected, "Oh ferret..." I say and pull her into a hug. She wraps her arms around my waist and I can hear muffled sniffles. I rub her back, trying to comfort her. Then I go against my better judgement and kiss her on the top of her head. Luckily, (Can't do English!! Wait...I'm the one who said that oops) she doesn't react, I care fully pick her up and place her on my lap. Making it less awkward for her. I feel her grip on me tighten, "Hey, it's ok I'm here." I say and begin rubbing circles on her back. A few minutes later she calms down and lifts her head to look at me, "Thank you Josh..." she says quietly, her voice hoarse from crying. "Of course.." I trail off and move a strand of her hair behind her ear. I smile at her before lightly pecking her lips, when I pull away she looks at me shocked. I smirk, "I like you." I say quietly. I turn my head away nervously until I feel her small hands guide my gaze back to her. "Don't be nervous...the whole world already knows that I like you." she responds, smirking slightly. She gets off my knee and offers her hand, I smile and take it. We walk back into the lodge holding hands, no one notices until Riley squeals and points at us. I can feel heat flush to my cheeks and see the same happening to Maya. She mouths, 'We're so dead' to me and I can't help but chuckle at her overdramatising the situation. We turned to face her friends and...my brother and his wife...fun...I give Maya a nervous look and she squeezes my hand reassuringly.

--Thanks for reading guys! Let me know if you want a Part 2 where they confront Cory, Topanga, Riley, Farkle and the others! Hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--