-73-

It was a warm summer night and Asteria was laying in bed

It was a warm summer night and Asteria was laying in bed. She had not left the manor all summer. She didn't even seen Regulus at all.

Asteria had written to Lily about the arranged married she had been forced into to which the girl replied back with sympathy.

Her father had attempted to invite Evan Rosier over to see her but she refused to leave her room which ended up with her having nothing to eat for the rest of day.

The Hufflepuff girl gently drummed on her stomach as she lay quietly in her bed. Suddenly, there was a small tap at the window which made her eyebrows furrow.

She heard the tap again so she sat up, staring at the glass. The room was dark but she could make out a small pebble which hit the glass.

She got up and slowly creeped over, peering out to her garden. Standing in the manor's garden was Lily, Marlene, Dorcas and James.

Carefully, she pushed it open. "What are you doing?" She hissed down at them so her father didn't hear her. "What if my father sees you?"

"Let's just hope he has bad eye sight." Dorcas replied as she leaned on Marlene. "We're here for you obviously." Lily replied which made her roll her eyes.

"But I'm in my pyjamas." Asteria told them. "Who cares?" Marlene asked which made her huff before opening the window wider and jumping down to the roof underneath.

Carefully she slid down the roof until she jumped off onto the grass. She wore a Beatles band shirt and pyjamas shirt but it was still warm so she was fine.

"What are you waiting for?" Dorcas then asked before leading the group down a nearby dirt path behind the manor hidden by trees.

Lily, Dorcas and Marlene were walking so quickly that her and James got left behind. "How come you're tagging along?" She asked with a smirk. "I heard your name. Couldn't turn down an opportunity to see you." He replied with a wink which made her roll her eyes but smile.

"Hurry up slow pokes!" Dorcas shouted at the pair who quickened their steps to catch up.

The path led them to a group of hills covered in blades of grass. There were no cloud in the sky so they could see the moon and stars clearly.

The group had sat down, most of them laying on their backs looking up at the stars above. James was laying beside Asteria when their hands brushed against each other.

James then took her hand into his, their fingers interlocking. Luckily, the other girls didn't notice it and were too busy arguing wether the moon was made of cheese.