-77-

Asteria sat alone at the Hufflepuff table, looking down at the bowl of cereal in front of her

Asteria sat alone at the Hufflepuff table, looking down at the bowl of cereal in front of her. She let out a sigh.
She felt like she was back where she started.

Although there was breakfast in front of her, she wasn't hungry. Instead, she moved the spoon around the bowl. She finally looked up when she heard someone sat opposite her.

Lily was smiling at her warmly. "You need to eat something. You look like shit." She told her. The red head expected a witty comeback but she shrugged in reply.

"You should come watch the game today. Cheer on Marlene. You'll feel better." Lily said with a smile.

Asteria had completely forgot that Gryffindor was playing Slytherin that day. "I don't know, Lily. I've not been feeling too good." She sighed.

"Because you've been trapping yourself in your dorm!" She exclaimed back. "Please. For me." Lily begged. Asteria let out a small sigh before nodding. "Fine. Only this once."

Lily smiles at her one last time before getting up and following Marlene and Dorcas out of the hall.

Asteria glanced up at James at the opposite side of the hall before looking over at Regulus. She let out a small sigh before swinging her legs out from under the table and leaving the Great Hall.

-☘︎︎-

The group of girls sat on some wooden stairs, waiting for Marlene to get out the changing room. They looked up when they heard someone walk out of the changing room but it was James.

"Thought you wanted me to leave you alone but now you're watching me play." James hissed when he saw her. "I'm not here to watch you. Don't be so arrogant Potter. You'll never get Lily with that attitude." Asteria replied which made him roll his eyes before walking up to the pitch.

Lily placed her hand on her shoulder before they walked up to the already crowded stands.

Asteria wasn't too interested the game and was focusing on Regulus who looked drained and exhausted. The crimson crowd suddenly cheered when James scored.

Usually, he would smirk and throw his arms in the air in celebration but he just flew back to catch the nearest quaffle. "He seems a bit off." Dorcas whispered to Lily which Asteria overheard.

She watched as James caught the quaffle and began flying towards the hoops. He pulled back his arm to throw it but when he did, he missed the hoops.

"Regulus Black has done it! He has caught the snitch!" The announced shouted loudly which made the Slytherin side cheer loudly.

James let out a huff as he looked down at the crowd, his hazel eyes meeting Asteria's. Then, from behind him, a Slytherin hit a bludger which hurdled towards him.

Asteria noticed at the last second when it hit him in the back, knocking him off the broom. Asteria let out a small gasp as she watched him hit the ground below which knocked him out.