~79~

A couple of days had passed and it was the day James had been looking forward to, the Quidditch game of Gryffindor against Hufflepuff

Asteria sat beside James for breakfast as the crimson table. "Why are they sat with the enemy?" They overhead some younger Gryffindors ask.

"They don't know I'm a spy." She whispered back which James overheard. He looked at her with wide eyes which made her wink.

"You're going down today!" He announced. "Kindly." James added. Asteria scoffed at him. "No, you're going to get your arses kicked." She replied. "Kindly." She added.

"Can you two shut up? Kindly." Lily asked which made the two fall silent. Asteria then leaned over to take a slice of toast off of James' plate.

"Hey!" He exclaimed. "I can take your toast. You love me." She told him with her mouth full. "Is that a rule?" The Gryffindor asked. "For me, it is."

-☘︎︎-

The students all finished their breakfast before walking down to the Quidditch pitch. Lily, Dorcas and Asteria all waited for Marlene to get changed to wish her look before the game.

James messed with his hair as he walked out the changing room and towards the Hufflepuff. "Wish me luck." He smirked.

She rolled her eyes before kissing his cheek. "Have fun losing." She whispered in his ear which made him scoff. She then wore a smirk as she walked up to the stands, her yellow scarf wrapped around her neck.

Asteria stood out against the crimson cheering crowd which she was surrounded by. She waved her scarf around whenever Hufflepuff scored.

James had also gotten into the habit of winking at her each time he scored for Gryffindor. "It's close." Dorcas said. "It's down to the snitch." She added.

Suddenly, the snitch came into the view of both seekers. Both houses watched as the players flew swiftly around after the golden snitch, their arms held out.

"And Hufflepuff has caught the snitch!" The announcer to the game shouted which made the yellow crowd cheer loudly.

She couldn't help but snicker at James who sulked as they flew off the pitch and back to the changing rooms. Asteria danced down the stands to the dismay of Dorcas who was scowling slightly.

"Look! It's the loser train!" She shouted when she saw Marlene and James walking beside eachother. "Harsh." Marlene replied.

"But the honest truth." The Hufflepuff said as she walked over to the sulking James.

After James got changed, the two walked back to the castle. She attempted to talk to him but he only hummed in reply. "Are you still sulking? It's just a game." Asteria asked.

"To me it's more then a game." James muttered. "Woah. So deep." Asteria sarcastically said.

-☘︎︎-

The Gryffindor common room was empty apart from James ,who was sat in the armchair, and Asteria who was doing homework on the floor.

James was scanning through a Quidditch magazine but all he could hear were huffs and sighs. "Are you alright there?" He asked with a slight laugh as she hit her head on the book.

"I don't get any of this! I'm going to fail everything!" She announced which made him close the magazine. "Could I help?"

"There's no point." She replied. "You do need to take a break. You've been studying for hours." James pointed out but she shook her head. "But I-"

"No buts. You're taking a break." He interrupted as he stood up from the crimson chair. "Then I'll fail it. I'm useless." She sighed.

"Nope. No negativity here." James said before standing her up and throwing her over his shoulder. "Put me down!" She shouted.

"Not until you stop being negative." He told her. "Fine, fine. I'll pass the test." She sighed. "I don't believe you." Asteria let out a huff.

"I've got those tests down and there is nothing to worry about!" She exclaimed in a fake happy voice. "That's a bit better." James said before putting her down. "You're still going on a break though."

James then grabbed her hand and led her out of the common room, down the stairs and out of the castle.

"Where are we going?" Asteria asked as he led her towards the dark forest surrounding the grounds. "It's a surprise." James replied.

"We're almost there." He reassured her. "Better be. My legs are tired." Asteria complained which made him chuckle lightly. "We're here." Asteria stopped to look around her.

They had stopped at the edge of a clear lake which was surrounded by pebbles and towering spruce trees. The clearing of trees allowed them to look up at the stars shining above.

James smiled slightly as he watched her look around in awe. He then pulled his shirt off before jumping into the water, creating a huge splash.

When he re-emerged from the water, his pushed his wet hair out his face before looking up at her. "Are you going to join me then?" He asked with a smirk.

She glanced around her before pulling her shirt off and jumping into the water beside him. Asteria raised her hand before hitting the water towards him.

"You'll pay for that!" He shouted as he wiped his face before swimming after the Hufflepuff. He was starting to catch up which was when he grabbed her arm and pulled her back, pulling her into his chest.

Asteria bursted out laughing which made James smile slightly. He then leaned in, their lips pressed against each other before slowly pulling away, opening their eyes a few moments later.

"How did you find this place?" She asked him as they swam back to the water edge and got out, sitting down on a nearby log. "Found it when running around the forest." He replied.

"Completely forgot you were a deer." She told him. "It's a stag." He replied with irritation in his voice and furrowed brows. "A deer with horns." She corrected with a smirk before kissing his cheek which made his furrowed eyebrows relax.