1 0 0 | J U L I A

In what little thought I'd given my first kiss, I had never imagined it would be with my favourite member of my favourite band.

Braxton smelled heavenly- of petrichor and his fading cologne. His lips were pressed against mine and my heart was pounding so hard, I was sure he could feel the beats on my lips. When he moved against me, the gentle pressure of his lips seemed responsible for my curled toe.

He was in no hurry. His movements were slow, savoring and it lit a sensation inside me that had been dormant until then. It was what caused me to trail my hands from his chest to his hair. It was so soft, slipping through my fingers.

When I caught a fistful of his hair, he stepped closer and clasped his arms around my waist. When I gave it a tug, he breathed hard and pressed me against a wall.

My inexperience quickly showed as he kissed me fervently and I wasn't able to keep up.

A drop of water from his hair landed on my arm, involuntarily making me shiver. Now that the storm was close, it was getting cold and our soaked clothes were making it worse.

We parted at my tremors and he rested his forehead against mine. His hand came up to cup my face, his thumb brushing over my cheek.

"I'm so glad I met you, Julia."

"Me too."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead before taking me in his arms.

"Don't worry about anything else. I promise I'll do my best to make sure nothing hurts you."

I smiled and pressed my ear to his chest. His fingers tucked my hair behind. I felt his breath on my neck, then his lips followed.

I clutched at his shoulder as I felt his teeth scraping my skin and he kissed me there like he had my lips.

"You're shivering," he murmured against my skin, sending delightful sensations coursing through my body. He pulled away. "Have a nice warm shower. I'll get you some dry clothes."

I felt the heat from my cheeks was enough to warm my whole body. I was still reeling for his neck kisses when he returned with his clothes and pressed them into my hands.

"The shower's that way." He took my hand, led me into a room and pointed at the bathroom door. "If you need anything, tell me."

I mumbled a thanks, feeling awkward and shy.

Once I was alone, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. The night had taken a completely different turn. I had expected to be back home, crying into my pillow over my broken heart for which I would've been solely responsible.

He didn't even need to try much to coax me to give in. So I guessed we were together now?

The thought sent another shiver through me, making my heart swell with happiness. I was also reminded I would most likely catch a cold if I didn't change out of the clothes soon.

I peeled off my wet clothes and instantly jumped in the shower with the water scalding hot.

When I was finished, I dried off with the towel and got out. I noticed a full length mirror near the sink that I had been too giddy and cold to notice before.

I walked toward it, eager to see what a smile did to face. As expected, it was the most unusual expression I'd seen on myself. I couldn't remember the last time I saw myself smiling in the mirror. This one looked different than all that others I reserved for other people.

I raised a hand to poke at my cheeks but my eyes caught the darkened scar near my shoulder.

I stopped short, and it was as if in that moment every other scar on my arms stood glaringly in focus.