Chapter 4

*

"Why are you following me?"

"I'm not following you. We're just heading in the same direction."

"Whatever." I increased my pace but he still followed.

"Can we talk?"

"Why?"

"I just want to talk to you...about something."

"Look, I don't know why you keep acting like we're friends."

"Please, I need to talk to you."

"Fine. What is it?" We stopped at the busstop.

"Did he tell you?" I nodded. "I want to apologize first."

"For f*cking my friend then dumping me?"

"Uh, y-yes. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I don't care anymore."

"Really?" The bus arrived. I immediately got on. He sat with me. "You're not mad?"

"I never said I'm not mad. I said I don't care."

"Oh. So can we be friends?"

"Why?"

"J-just. I don't want to be the cause of your friendship ending."

"It already ended when you decided to sleep with my friend."

"I didn't do it on purpose though. It just happened."

I chuckled. "Ha, it just happened." I put on my head phones. He took one out though and put it into his ear.

"Can I listen with you?" Why is he being annoying?!

Then I remembered Lupus. I should get some home monitors to keep an eye on him. I may not know anything about dogs or wolves but I know for sure some dogs go crazy when their owners are not home.

'Owners', I think I hate that word. I definitely don't own Lupus. I'd say we're roommates. More friends than owner and pet. I smiled to myself thinking about returning to Lupus after my classes.

"What are you thinking? You seem deep in thoughts and you're smiling."

"Why do you care? And why are you trying to be my friend? I really don't want to be around you."

"I totally get it. But I'm just trying to make things right."

"Then break up with Holland and get back with me."

"Okay. I'll do that."

"You're such a jerk." I got up and got off the bus. Someone tell me why I fell for a guy like him.

It didn't take long to get to class and as usual, I set in the middle. I don't like to be in the front and at the back I can't see clearly.

Holland came and sat next to me. "Hi."

"Yeah, hi. Can you tell your boyfriend to stop bothering me." I got up and went to the front.