✯ 8 ✯

donghyuck had left the canteen a few minutes before the others.

he had forgotten to pick his maths copybook inside his locker this morning, and he knew that his teacher punished students who didn't have their stuff with them.

that's how donghyuck ended up alone, inside the school's corridors, to get a maths copybook.

he arrived in front of the lockers pretty quickly, but that's when he remembered an important detail: he was too short to reach the things inside his locker.

usually, it was jaemin who was picking his stuff for him, because the boy was way taller than him. but he wasn't there right now, and donghyck absolutely needed his copybook.

donghyuck sighed before pulling his key out of his pocket and opening the padlock with some difficulty.

once the padlock was opened, donghyuck pushed the locker open and tried to reach for the red copybook.

the boy was cursing at himself for looking so stupid in the middle of the corridor.

he was on his tippy toes, trying to reach for something that he knew he wouldn't be able to touch.

he tried for long minutes, trying to ignore his surroundings.

his arm was hurting because of being stretched up for so long, and he hadn't even managed to touch the corner of the copy book once!

donghyuck was about to give up on this shitty copybook when he felt a presence behind his back.

before he could do anything, an arm appeared next to his and grabbed the copybook he had been trying to reach for so long.

he thanked the gods above that he had tall friends like jisung or jaemin.

"here you are, beautiful."

donghyuck immediately tensed after hearing this voice.

this wasn't jaemin's voice. and it wasn't jisung's either.

and this boy had called him beautiful.

the boy slowly turned around, getting ready to face any stranger that had been kind enough to help him.

as soon as he lifted his head to thank the boy, he was hit in the face by his handsomeness.

the male was slightly taller than him, and his raven hair was sticking in every direction, giving him a mysterious look.

he had beautiful features, especially his high cheekbones that were enlightened by his bright smile – a smile that seemed to be disappearing with every second passing.

"h-huh... t-thanks...?" donghyuck answered nervously, his cheeks colouring a crimson colour despite his will.

"w-welcome." the handsome man stuttered – his eyes wide – before disappearing at the end of the corridor, confusing donghyuck.

the boy stayed glued in the middle of the corridor, the red copybook in his arm, and his eyes fixed on the end of the corridor, where this handsome man had disappeared from his sight.

"hyuck? what are you doing here?" jisung asked, seeing his friend alone in the middle of the corridor.

"i just saw a very handsome boy..." donghyuck told dreamily.

"jaemin told me to come and help you get your copybook because you're too short, but you managed to take it alone." jisung stated, noticing the red copybook that donghyuck was holding in his arms.