~THIRTY-ONE~

We are all together in this, we are all together in this single living ecosystem called planet earth.” – Sylvia Earle

Dedicated to IfeoluwaJoan

                                   •BOLU•

I met Joy on the way to my class. She was holding my backpack. She asked me where I was and I told her I was called to Mr. Noah's office.  I left out the part of meeting Ore there and of us almost kissing. . . again.

We then walked to the cafe together after she told me how much she loved the way I spoke.

My friends were all gathered 'round a table-for-seven.

"Boluwaji Jayeola!" Nina squealed once she saw me. She hopped from her seat beside Ayo and squeezed me in her usual hugs. This time. . . I died. Mentally.

She legit squeezed my life out of me.

She went all; "Oh, my God! I'm so proud, like a proud mother hen, when you spoke, I was like; 'heck yeah, that's my babe! My bestie!' I'm so proud girl, I knew you could do it!"  Then squeezed me again.

I kept smiling as she and Joy walked me to our table, Nina's arm tucked in mine.

"You were amazing out there, babes!" Ninuola said, looking up from her phone.

"Thanks Ninu," I said, taking a seat between her and Nina. Ayo was seated beside Nina on her left. She placed his arm around her.

Joy left a seat between her and Ninu, probably for Jeremy who wasn't here yet. Fred and MJ also hyped me, MJ yelling and getting attention of all the people in here which made the owners to come and warn us or we'd have to leave.

MJ didn't bother listening. He kept yelling and cussing at every interval and at any chance he could. The worse part? Fred joined him.

Ayo just simply bumped his fist with mine and smiled. Simple guy. I didn't understand why MJ and Fred could not just do that.

Not long after, the cafe door opened and Jeremy walked in. Ore followed with Chidera, who had her arm tucked in his with Ashley trailing quietly behind them.

Wow! More company.

Nina probably invited Chidera and Ashley. . . Ore picked them up on the way. No, scratch that. Chidera made herself come with him and since Ashley always followed Chidera around, she had to come too.

"Hey, guys!" Chidera chirped and waved cheerfully once she got to our table. We all mumbled greetings and then she said, ""It's so great that we get to hang out together!"

"How's my baby doing?" Jeremy said and went to sit beside Joy, wrapping his arms around her like she would be stolen from him any minute. "Did you miss me?"

"Miss who? I'd rather eat termites!" Although it sounded real serious, Joy was seriously blushing when she said that.

Jeremy just pulled  her closer the more. "Yeah, yeah. I Sha missed you. My baby."

"Wahala oh!" Fred yelled. "Wahala don go wear wedding gown, e come be like person wey dey find spouse."

All of us just looked at him and started laughing because what he said made no iota of sense. Ore exchanged greetings with everyone. Ashley nodded at us and we either waved or nodded back at her except MJ who shook her hand vigorously and it made her giggle.