twenty-five.

At the sound of the name I've tried forgetting, my eyes snap towards Ryder who eyes are casted down

"Alex?" my mother said again and I took a seat on the empty couch, leaning back as I tilted my head.

"Why don't you answer her, Alex?" I asked, lips twitching when Ryder's head snapped towards mine with large eyes.

"Mars—" he began, panting slightly as he stood up, rushing towards me, "Listen,"

I shook him off, "Why should I? I've waited for months for you to tell me you're my brother. I knew the moment I saw you."

"What?" he breathed, kneeling down in front of me, "Fuck—trust me I wanted to but I-I couldn't."

I laughed, "It's fine. I just had to pretend I didn't want to fucking kill and hug you every time I saw you."

Vincent looked between us, "You didn't tell her you were her brother?"

My mother sat down, her hand reaching up to her head.

"You're alive?" my mother asked, teary eyes looking at my older brother who pleads me to forgive him.

"You guys can catch up, I'm leaving," I pushed myself up, shrugging off the hand that grabbed mine and I made my way out.

"Listen Mars—" Ryder started but I cut him off.

"It's fine, big brother. I didn't need to know you were alive after all the time I believed you were dead."

Everything around me is a blur, as I walked out of my apartment.

I'm racing down the stairs, my head pounding as my eyes blurred from dizziness.

I knew he was my older brother. I wasn't stupid. I picked up on the signs he so desperately tried to leave because he was too scared to face me.

All his slip ups about my nickname or his favourite things to do was no coincidence.

I'm already outside when I gain my senses back. I hear the sounds of chatter in the distance. The sound my name been called.

I turn around furiously and look at Vincent.

His hard gaze softened when he walked up to me, pulling me into his chest.

His face is unreadable when he looked down at me with his hands on my hips.

"Hi, baby."

I smile slightly at him, "Hi."

"You okay, sweetheart? Ryder is asking for you," Vincent said.

I looked down to avoid his gaze but his hard grip on my chin as me looking back up at him.

It's hard. His grip not his dick. Shut up.

I sigh under his watchful gaze and I nod.

"I had time to think about this the moment I figured Ryder—sorry, Alex— was my brother. At first when I saw him, he looked so similar but he only proved my theory when he slipped up," I began, my hand resting on his chest.