✯ 16 ✯

two days passed since the 'daddy' accident.

mark and donghyuck were still very awkward with each other, and it was very visible to their other friends who were getting closer.

chenle and jisung were basically glued by the hip, to the point chenle didn't even pay too much attention to jeno and mark.

and jaemin and jeno weren't better. the two boys would always steal glances at each other, blushing whenever they met eyes. mark kept saying that they liked each other, but jeno didn't want to believe it – he had a huang renjun for him already, what did he need more...?

"why are you two this awkward?" jaemin asked taking a sip of his coffee during breakfast.

"i don't know..." donghyuck whined. "one morning, i woke up and he was hugging me, and the next thing i know, we're awkward."

"he was hugging you?!" jaemin repeated.

"i already told you everything, jaemin." donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"yeah, yeah, but i'm still surprised."

donghyuck sighed loudly, placing his chin over the palm of his hand as he pouted cutely.

"i can't understand..." he said sadly. "we were getting closer..."

donghyuck felt so happy to know that he was getting along with mark.

he liked mark a lot; as a friend, but maybe something more.

this trip to the mountain had allowed him to develop stronger feelings for the boy who had taken care of him very well.

and it seemed to be the same for mark at first, but now, they were slowly getting apart...

"maybe something happened during the night." jaemin suggested. "can't you remember?"

donghyuck shook his head as no.

jaemin looked at their surroundings before leaning on the table to whisper to his best friend.

"did you slip in front of him?" he asked carefully. "because this could have scared him."

"i can't remember..." donghyuck sighed.

"i think this could explain lots of things." jaemin told, making donghyuck internally panic.

"he can't know!" donghyuck whined, tugging on his hair.

"hey, hey, hey, calm down." jaemin pulled his hand away and kissed his palm lightly. "we don't know if it really happened."

"and how could we know?" donghyuck raised a brow. "i'm not going to make a bigger fool of myself by asking him."

"i'm sure he would have told jeno if something weird happened." jaemin explained.

"so, you need to ask jeno?" donghyuck questioned.

"exactly."

jaemin decided to put his plan into action after lunch, when they were all back to their hotel rooms to rest for a while before going ice skating together.

"what do you want to watch?" jeno asked, already lying on their shared bed with the remote control in hand.

"anything, really." jaemin replied, taking his coat off.