✯ 21 ✯

donghyuck found himself walking towards the basketball pitch of their school as soon as his classes of the day ended.

he hadn't seen mark since lunch, and he had an intuition that told him that mark was surely practicing – he was the team captain after all.

the tanned male walked across the different corridors of their school, following the signs indicating the sports' building.

he got there quite quickly, not expecting them to be this close to his classroom.

after a hint of hesitation, donghyuck pushed the door of the gymnasium open, immediately being greeted by the smell of sweat, which was justified, judging by the way a dozen of boys were running around, passing each other the ball to mark some points.

the honey-haired silently walked to the bleachers that were open for students to come and watch the trainings. there were already a few people there – mostly girls – some watching, and other doing their homework.

donghyuck took a seat on the first row, just in front of the resting bench, where the bottles of the basketball players were sitting, waiting to be drank.

he looked around the pitch, trying to search for his crush and his friends who were part of the basketball team.

donghyuck was quick to find mark, in the middle of the field, wearing a jersey with the number 02 printed on his back just under his surname.

jeno and chenle weren't far from him, wearing similar jerseys with numbers 23 and 22.

donghyuck wasn't very good in sports, and he had a very hard time understanding the rules of the different sports.

he didn't know much about basketball; he was only there to see mark play.

the only thing he knew was that the players had to throw the ball into the net.

and so, when he saw mark shooting the ball from the middle of the pitch and making it land perfectly in the net, he couldn't help but clap loudly, catching the attention of a few players, including the boy he was cheering for.

this made a bright smile appear on mark's face as he waved at the boy on the bleachers before going back to playing.

"did mark lee just wave at the boy over here?" a girl's voice said behind donghyuck.

"impossible." another replied. "he's not gay."

"he was surely making a sign to one of his teammates." a third voice added.

"or waving at us." a fourth voice suggested as the four girls giggled together.

donghyuck rolled his eyes at their not-so-pleasant comments before focusing back on the game.

he kept his eyes fixed on mark whether he had the ball or not – because even when he hadn't got it, he looked divinely hot, and the way he combed his sweaty hair back with hand was just too hot for donghyuck to handle.

the game ended after twenty minutes, and the coach invited the boys to have a drink before they started a shooting session.

the sweaty players all made their way to the bench with the water bottles in front of donghyuck.

the tanned male however, kept his eyes on one of the players who had stayed behind to chat with the coach.

"oh, hyuck!" chenle exclaimed, catching the boy's attention.