38: Epihialtes

The chapter is snippets from Adrianna's diary and look inside of the events that transpired after she left for Baltimore

"...There is the heat of Love, the pulsing rush of Longing, the lover's whisper, irresistible—magic to make the sanest man go mad."

― Homer, The Iliad

Epihialted (n.)- Nightmares caused by incubus/ succubus demons

)- Nightmares caused by incubus/ succubus demons

Adrianna's POV:

(Snippets from her diary)

8th September, 2021.

I bought this diary on the cheap from a market near the airport. It's pretty, pink with a cute teddy attached at the front. It also came with a pen that stopped working after scribbling with it a little bit.

The purpose of buying this diary was to keep track of the time that is to pass. I have a feeling that I am going to be here for a very long time.

I reached Baltimore at 2 after a half an hour long flight. Archer boarded me with a goodbye and made me promise to go back to Ares.

Of course I will go back to him, only, I don't have any idea when.

Even as I am writing this, my heart is only with him.

Did he wake up? Did he have his food? Did he add those extra sugarcubes again? Did he notice that I wasn't there? Did he notice the ribbon I tied around his wrist?

Did he keep it?

Does he miss me?

So many questions and I keep on fantasizing. My mind runs a million miles per seconds as I close my eyes and remember them. Coming up with different scenarios. The more I think, the more agonized I become. The more sorrow rains upon me.

I am lonely here. Archer introduced me to a sweet couple who helped me with settling down, they are my neighbours. It is very weird to have a friendly neighborhood after being treated with disrespect all my years. The apartment I was settled in was nice and cozy, although I miss the room in the Estevan manor and the months I spent there.