Childe x Reader □

I shot up out of bed in a daze.
"..Wait. Childe's back. He's back from.. ow... Snezhnaya!" Struggling to get out of my covers, the thought of seeing my boyfriend again after such a while kept me motivated.

After a quick moment of getting ready, I grabbed my bag full of little gifts I bought for Childe during his trip - just small souvenirs and flowers from different places I'd visited.

"Gotta get going!" I rubbed my eyes in tiredness and started sprinting to Liyue Harbor. Childe was usually at Northland bank, so that was where I'd check first.
Dashing super fast up the stairs, Nadia noticed me almost instantly and peered through the bank's doors.

"N-Nadia!" I started, out of breath. "Is he here?" I could barely contain my excitement and love to see Tartaglia again. It had been a few months at least after he left to go see family.

"I can't see him, sorry Y/N. I promise to let you know if he passes by, okay?" Nadia smiled, trying to cheer up my disappointed face. The hope of meeting him here was too strong, and it didn't happen.

"Oh... um, no worries..!" It hurt to wait any longer, but I knew I had to be patient. Along with a sigh, I decided to go to the mountain where I can see the whole of the harbor, and wait until I spotted him.

"Ugh.. ow.." Climbing to the top hurt. It left scratches and bruises on my skin from the scraping, but I couldn't care less. I just wanted to see him.

I quietly took a seat on the top of the mountain and relaxed. The sight of Liyue was beautiful - sounds, colours, the sweet aroma of delicious food, and even the sight of trees in the distance.

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours. I couldn't see Childe, and Nadia hadn't told me anything about his whereabouts. Night soon even started to fall; still no signs.

"...maybe not." I lightly placed my head into my arms - covering my tears but still able to see the lights and lanterns coming from the city of contracts.
Before I even knew it, the clock struck midnight, and I hadn't gotten the chance to go home for some food or rest.

Sighing and sniffing, I clutched my bag and got up to leave, just to be met by a figure.
"Aw, why are you cryinggg?" I recognized the voice instantly. After hours of waiting, here he was.

As if my legs were working for me, I ran straight forward to him, Childe, and  pulled him into a tight hug - even if it was too dark to see him properly.
Childe chuckled and hugged me back.
"Did ya miss me, then?~" He asked. In return, I sniffled again and nodded.

I had been craving his affection for weeks now. The chance to have Childe hold me in his arms made me want to start sobbing, but I couldn't.
"Y-Yeah. I missed you so much." I laughed a little and nuzzled my head into Childe's neck. Our hug seemed to last forever; Not complaining.

"Aha, I'm here now. Sorry for keeping you waiting, darling.. come here!" Tartaglia slowly walked me to the edge of the mountain, and we both sat down. He pulled me into his arms and I shut my eyes.

"Hmhm, I love you." Childe played with my hair while looking at me, with love in his eyes.
"I love you.." I whispered, giving him a kiss on the cheek. This shocked him at first, but he almost melted afterwards.
When I heard his little gasp, I proceeded to kiss his cheek  continuously. Each one made Childe go more red.

And that's when we both knew for sure we were in true love.