Chapter 9 - Yuki Was My First Love

Word Count : 2818

Tohru and I were at the cash register paying for the groceries. We had needed to get food for the house since we were starting to run out. We make our way outside with the bags. The boys had been waiting outside while the two of us shopped.

"Thank you for waiting-" Tohru says as we exit the store.

"Bring it on girly-boy. Step outside and let's do this!" Kyo yells.

"We're already outside, stupid cat" Yuki retorts.

"Hey, thanks for doing the shopping" he smiles, taking the bags from Tohru. "I'll carry that."

"I-I'm sorry, we bought a little much, so they might be heavy." Tohru says.

"I don't mind."

"You came along, stupid cat, so make yourself usful. '' Yuki says, looking at Kyo.

"Stop calling me stupid." Kyo argues by taking the bags from my hands.

"I can carry them."

"Thanks."

Are those two ever going to get along?

We walked home as the boys continued to argue.

"Why do I have to go on an errand with you anyway?!" Kyo complained

"You could've stayed home." Yuki points out.

"You should've stayed home!"

"Would you shut up already?"

Kyo drops groceries and puts his hands up ready to fight Yuki. "Why don't you try and make me, girley-" Kyo teases but before he finishes, Yuki sticks a bunch of chives into his mouth. Kyo crumples to the ground gagging on the chives.

"P-please don't fight you two."

"Please pick up the groceries." I say looking at the groceries Kyo had left on the ground. "Kyo are you ok?" I ask.

"That should quiet it down a little." Yuki says before letting out a small cough.

---

Despite all the arguing and stopping we finally made it home. We all were relaxing in the main room and Kyo was somewhere in the house.

"I'm done with the bath. Why don't you go next, Yuki-kun?" Shigure says entering the room.

"I'll pass today." Yuki tells him.

"Oh my! Not bathing? You dirty boy!" Shigure jokes.

"I feel a cold coming on, that's why." Yuki explains.

"What? O-Oh no, this is serious." Tohru says checking his temperature."You're a little feverish."

"The first day of a cold is the most important. Take some medicine and go to bed early." Shigure tells Yuki.

"I think you should stay home from school tomorrow." Tohru suggested.

"Tohru's right, it could get worse." I agree.

"That's overkill. I'll be fine."

"B-But tomorrow is the long distance run." Tohru mentions.

"In this weather, you kids have it rough." Kyo arrives, opening the door looking rather excited with a strong aura around him.

"Long-distance run' you say?"

"Kyo are you ok?" I ask, starting to get worried as the energy he was giving off grew.