eleven

isla was being woken up by jaemin gently stroking her hair to hopefully wake her up

isla was being woken up by jaemin gently stroking her hair to hopefully wake her up. it did, and she realized they were in the driveway of his house. she yawned, trying the shake the nerves that were fighting to come back.

jaemin texted the boys in the groupchat to come help with her bags, refusing to let her carry them in by herself even though there was only two.

the first one out the door was shotaro, with a cute smile on his face and running to engulf isla in a hug without even letting her close the passenger seat door.

"hiiiiii," he exclaimed, rocking back and forth, still in a hug. isla found herself smiling wide at the cute boy and how excited he was to see her.

"so much for making her feel comfortable," a voice said behind them. shotaro quickly realized and pulled away.

"i'm sorry, that was too sudden of me," he apologized, isla shaking her head, stopping him.

"no, no, i like hugs. love em." she reassured.

yangyang was next to greet her and also gave her a hug.

"you're here! my isla is here!" he shouted out, pulling away.

"your isla? excuse me—" jeno jokingly pushed yangyang away and pulled isla into himself, her getting a huge whiff of some cologne he was wearing. smells delicious.

"okay, okay, you're suffocating her," jaemin said, pulling the two apart.

"god, you smell good," isla said, not realizing that she meant to keep that thought to herself. "shit i didn't mean to say that out loud." she facepalmed, the group laughing at her.

jeno and jaemin grabbed her bags from his car and turned to go back inside, seeing haechan, renjun, and sungchan all standing at the door waiting.

"you didn't want to come say hi to your favorite person ever? rude." she called out to the three, earning laughs from each of them.

"those hugs looked like they could be from all six of us so i think you're fine," renjun joked, opening the door back up so they could all go inside.

jaemins mother almost immediately noticed the girl come in, walking to her and giving the tightest hug ever. she was such a sweet woman, and has been there for most of islas life, but she hasn't seen her in over two years.

"oh, i missed you so much," she exclaimed, grabbing islas face to look at her, "you're so beautiful! how's your parents? elijah? i miss them so much!"

isla laughed, "they're good, they miss you, and i missed you."

"i'm so happy, are you hungry? did you eat yet? dinners almost ready, but i can whip up a snack."

"no, no, i'm okay. i can wait until dinner." she insisted. his mom just nodded and smiled and went to go finish cooking, while isla talked to jaemins dad for a bit as well.