Part 18

Wind flew through Akira's wet black hair as the motorcycle drove through the streets of Tokyo, his arms wrapped around his brother as he drove to the Toman meeting. The past few days had been rather hectic. After he and Asahi had told the two in the hospital room, they stayed the night. Mikey saying he refused to let Akira out of his sight when his old gang members were back in town.

The next day he'd been released from the hospital, Keisuke and his parents helping him back to his home. They'd even bought him new clothes and a new game system as a welcome home present. He was now on his way to a Toman meeting with Keisuke, his brother insisting on him driving him instead of Mikey picking him up.

Keisuke pulled into a small Raman restaurant, parking the bike and getting off without a word. Akira leaned back, looking at his brother with slight confusion.

"What? You're telling me you just loved that hospital food?" He asked, looking at Akira with furrowed eyebrows and a small smile on his face.

"Come on, we can get some food before the meeting, I wanna talk to you about something anyway," Keisuke spoke as Akira got off of the motorcycle, following the boy into the shop.

The two got seated, Akira texting Mikey that he might be a bit late. The two planned to meet before the Toman meeting, Mikey saying he just wanted to see him.

"Aki-? You listening?" Baji asked his brother who's head snapped up from the phone.

"Yeah, yeah sorry. What's up?" Akira asked, propping his head up with his arm.

"This meeting, you know what it's about right?" Keisuke asked as Akira shoveled the ramen into his mouth, responding with an 'mhm'

"New captain right? To take Pah's place?" Akira asked as he swallowed the noodles. Baji nodded, stirring around the noodles in his bowl. Akira furrowed his eyes at the boy, curious to what was on his mind.

"I'm gonna do something tonight and I'm gonna need you to make sure no one interferes with it. I can't tell you what I'm doing, I just need you to trust me and have my back. I know that sounds weird-" Keisuke spoke, staring down at the noodles. He hated asking for help, truly he did. But if there was one person he trusted enough to not say anything, it'd be his brother.

"I'm in. I trust you, if anyone tries anything, me and Asahi will handle 'em." Akira shrugged, taking a bite of his noodles nonchalantly.

"Just like that?" He asked, looking up at the boy who nodded making a confused face at him.

"Yeah, what's there to talk about? You'd do it with or without me right?" Akira shrugged, picking up the bowl and slurping out the contents. Keisuke chuckled and nodded, finishing his food.

"You can't tell anyone-" Keisuke started as Akira scoffed, rolling his eyes at his brother.

"Yeah yeah, I got it! Now, let's get to the meeting, Asa and Takashi are waiting on us." Akira mumbled, pulling out his wallet and putting the money down that his parents had given him.

"Okay- and no questions about why I'm doing it, deal?" Keisuke asked causing Akira to nod, blowing air from his lips as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Just promise me you're not being stupid and you won't get yourself hurt," Akira spoke, Keisuke rolled his eyes as he smirked at his brother, throwing his arm over his shoulders.

"Now come on, that's asking too much." Keisuke teased while chuckling causing Akira to smile and shake his head, the two leaving the restaurant.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━