Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Commencing

Chapter Twenty-Nine: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌.
word count; 6.1k

To top this glorious day off, your speeder was broken during the fight.

Well, it didn't exactly break. Rather it... it was melted by Krayt dragon stomach acids.

And it's brand new. Was.

Much to your dismay, it was beyond repairing. At least, not here. You couldn't possibly find the correct parts to replace the currently liquefied ones here, and even if you had access to the proper speeder pieces, you wouldn't have sufficient time on your hands to get it operating again. The Tuskens were already excavating the dragon carcass nearby, and the citizens of Mos Pelgo were soon returning to their homes. Yes, you could travel with the civilians, but their city was not where you wished to head back to for now. As of now, your objective was to purchase transportation off of Tatooine, maybe take on a few hunts, and continue finding that Jedi.

But with the state your bike was in... how the hell were you supposed to do that?

Best you could do was recover your satchel that had surprisingly survived, although not exactly in excellent condition. Occasional holes here and there, but your belongings within it had astonishingly remained intact.

Your arms crossed over your chest as you just stared at the speeder, downright displeased with the way everything turns out for you. Behind you, footsteps were audible. They approached, before halting by your side, earning a glance from you. It was Cobb Vanth—lacking his faded emerald beskar, indicating he'd handed it over to the Mandalorian already—and as his eyes took in the complete disorder your vehicle was in, he winced. Your grip tightened on the strap of your satchel, swung over your shoulder.

"Know of anyone heading back to Mos Eisley?"

"I do know of one guy..."

"Anyone other than that one guy?"

He shook his head.

"Great," you muttered under your breath, intaking a reluctant breath as you turn to face the Mandalorian a distance away, besides his perfectly fine speeder and preparing himself to depart. It wasn't fair, how come his bike turned out to be alright, while you're stuck with this melted heap of garbage? 

"Will I be seeing you again?"

The question brought you out of your agitated thoughts. Your eyes meet with Cobb's, one final time, knowing that it may be a while since you see him again. Shoving aside the current trepidation invading your mind, you managed a gentle grin on your lips. "Of course. One day, I'm sure of it."