𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Tanjiro had just finished putting on his checkered haori

Tanjiro had just finished putting on his checkered haori. He tied his Nichirin sword to the hilt of his uniform. Feeling satisfied with having everything, he took a deep breath.

It'll be okay. Everyone will be okay.

"Tanjiro?" That familiar sweet voice echoed through his ear drums. Just hearing his name called out by that voice made his heart soar.

"Can I come in?" You called from outside of the changing area that you guys had found thankfully.

"Yeah."

You walked in and you saw him now in his demon slayer uniform. You had already put yours on and felt ready more than anything. But as you looked at him, he seemed odd. You could tell by the way he was sorta looking away and his eyes seemed to look different. But you couldn't quite place it. This had begun to worry you.

"Tanjiro?" You asked. He looked at you and he saw just how worried you looked for him.

"What's wrong?"

He wanted to cry. Why cry though? He was going to face another demon. And everyone would make it alive. But this time... this time was different. Thoughts had been racing through him mind like a tape recorder playing on repeat. Ever since night had fallen, he's had this uncertain feeling. And it was definitely new to him. Usually he was determined and ready to fight. But this time? He was actually scared. A feeling deep in his gut was telling him that this fight would be bad news. Something just wasn't going to go right. And he was scared.

And that feeling was directed more towards you. The feeling grew stronger in his gut by every passing minute. He tried to ignore it, but he couldn't. He just couldn't.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." He plainly stated as he grabbed a few more things.

"You know you can talk to me, right?"

He remained silent. This was not normal. Not that you've seen anyway.

"Tanjiro."

He still kept silent.

"Tanjiro!" Your palms gently but quickly cupped his cheeks and made it so his eyes could meet yours. He was surprised at first, but as he looked into your shining (e/c) orbs, his heart stopped. Seeing you this way. Worry clouding your soul. His lips quivered. His eyes becoming glossy. Emotions swarming inside him like a huge flood washing into a city.

His gaze averted to the side for a moment. Your warm palms feeling so wonderful against his cheeks. Your kind nature making his body heat up like the sun. Your beauty making him want to fall down to his knees.