[13] Comfy God

Get to Del Taco.
They got a new thing called freesha... free... freeshavaca-do.

🥑
🥑

   Hangover.

   I threw up already five times this morning. So Tony gave me a free pass to being useless in his room while the others are trying to finish the time machine. I sit down on the bed, feeling like a zombie, when Scott walked in.

   "Hey ya. Heard you're feeling bad so I brought you orange slices." Scott walks in.

   "Hey..." I say.

   "We got it. Clint went back in time and come back in one piece. Not a baby. Tony said we're gonna have a meeting in about 5 minutes about the location of the stones in the past, and that you should be there."

   "I will be there... let me change or something..." I mutter.

   "Hey."

   I look at Scott. "Yes?"

   "Um, I'm feeling a little lost. I time-traveled... and now cassie is all grown up, but you still look the same."

   "I can't age." I rub my eyes.

   "Why not?"

   "I don't really know. But I'm not supposed to be in this world, so maybe my body is like. Aye, this ain't the atmosphere I remembered, keep this bitch a fossil."

   "Say in 100 years from now, you'll still look 16?"

   "I guess? If I make it that far, but then again I was... buffed. You missed out a lot Mike Hannigan."

   "Mike hanni-who?"

   "That's you on friends. From my world, stay confused."

   Scott stays confused so I continue.

   "Anyway, I was saying that, I had this theory that if I die in this world I'll go back to my world. But I doubted it, and so, one night on Peter's birthday back on years two after the snap, the pain get a little too overwhelmed and I just wanted everything you end, and I jumped from the rooftop."

   "That went dark very quickly— you what? What were you thinking! You could've died!"

   "That's kind of the whole point."

   "Wait, you try to commit suicide?!"

   "Shhh..." I put the orange slice in his mouth. "Nobody knows. Keep it to yourself."

   "But— How are you not dead."

   "After I died and came back here again I got thicker skin. Watch this." I stand up and punch the wall. Maybe a little too hard, I make a hole.

   "Woah..."

   "Fuck that hurt!" I shake my hand. "But yeah, I can do that now. So I don't know how I'm gonna die. After I jumped I passed out and wake up 2 hours later confusedly."