Belphegor - Playlist

Picture: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/703617141788834753/

----

Third-person POV

"Y/n, you look like you've been settling just fine into that sweater ever since we came home." Belphegor smiled at you.

"Well, how could I not? that's the perk that comes with you being the avatar of sloth. You have the best taste in choosing comfy clothes to steal... ahem, I mean... uh, borrow..." you chuckled playfully while flipping the hood over your head, pulling on the drawstrings to hide from the demon who only rolled his eyes in response.

"What? Has that idiotic older brother of mine begun to rub off on you? Seems like you've been hanging out around Mammon way too much," Belphegor yawned, adjusting the pillows and blankets around him to form a small nest. You had to admit, it did look quite comfy. The attic was always yours and belphie's go-to comfort spot - besides the planetarium, of course.

"Aww, you jealous?" your teasing tone rang in a singsong voice which only made him scoff and averts his gaze lazily, the male burrowing his face into his cow pillow with a huff. It looked like he was annoyed with you, but in actuality, if he looked at you in his sweater any longer, he felt like his chest was going to combust.

"Tch! As if you wish I was- Ugh, whatever, I'm gonna take a nap right here," he pointed to his makeshift bed, rustling around in the mess before placing your hand on his head as a signal he wanted you to play with his hair. He closed his eyes, features softening visibly under your warm and delicate touch, contrasting that of his irritated word choices. The demon only got like this when you two were alone, and father forbid Satan to see Belphie like this because his behavior reminded you of a cat nuzzling its head into your palm. "So don't go waking me up too soon, you weirdo. That trip outside exhausted me."

(Y/N)'s POV

I rolled my eyes at his laziness, playfully shoving him to which I earned a scoff and he grunted with a pout. Well, he did do most of the lifting when we went grocery shopping for dinner tonight. It was a bit uncharacteristic of him, but it was admirable how he happily carried the bags filled with snacks for Beel back home. "Now you just sound like Levi but more sloth-like," I snorted, poking his cheeks gently as he already began dozing off with a slightly visible pink tint hidden on the tips of his ears.

Laying down on my back beside the sleeping demon, what more was there to do? Perhaps indulge in taking a nap too? As I moved to lay on my stomach so that I could get a better view of the male's side profile, something from under my stomach poked me. I sat up.

'What's this?'

His iPod was left in the pockets of his hoodie? I was startled once more as Belphie groaned and shifted into another position, heaving a sigh of relief when I noticed he was asleep. The guy could sleep through the apocalypse, after all. But onto more important things, the iPod still had battery left and was open on the playlist selection page. 'Well, it couldn't hurt to find out what kind of music Belphie listened to, right? Was he into chemical romance like I hypothesized, or did he listen to lo-fi like the soft baby he pretends to be? Maybe a mix of both?' 

"A little sneak-peek wouldn't bring crisis, right?"

'Wait- Is that what I saw right now?'

Doing a double-take, sure enough, my name was titled at the top of the playlist. 'Had he really been thinking of me that much that he made a playlist? It feels wrong to continue snooping, but it couldn't hurt to give in to temptation a bit, right? I mean, the playlist is for me.'

Hesitantlyscrolling down with my heart skipping a beat as if creating its own song, myeyes flitted over a few familiar songs. 

Sweater weather,  Adore you I rolled my eyes, but my smile grew and my face warmed. 'How cliché '

Love like you That one steven universe song that never failed to draw me to tears?

My baby just cares for me and Never let you go

I glanced at him with soft eyes, biting my bottom lip to hold back a coo. 'Does he really adore me that much?'

'One thing I've learned about Belphegor while making up time lost with him is that he can be pretty stoic and seem uninterested. Words seem to fail him more often than not, but actions almost never do. So, to see him go through the trouble to put such heart-warming songs that seem like things he'd never listen to all in a collection just for me...'

"Oh my gosh, Belphie!" I practically squealed from the overwhelming feelings and intense butterflies swarming my stomach, squeezing my eyes shut while flinging into his side. Belphie stirred before letting out a small yawn with a groan soon following after, glaring at me with a pout.

"Oi idiot, what are you doing? You're so weird today" he muttered sleepily as I happily buried my face into his chest. When he embraced me properly, the brightness from the device in my hand *disturbing his rest* catching his attention. He opened one eye before both of them shot open at the realization that I saw his playlist.

"Y/n, you're so weird"

"I could say the same, Mr. i-always-thought-i-might-be-bad-but-now-" Before I could complete, he captured my lips with his soft ones.

"Alright, alright...! You better stay here with me now that you've ruined my sleep. Might as well listen to the rest of the songs... huh?"

I beamed up at him, now making his heart skip a couple of beats in turn.

"Sounds like a win-win situation to me."

After all of that, the pod's screen brightness was only half as bright as both of our faces

(A/n: Okie! Thank you all for reading my book and 110 read T^T I'm soo happy! I was listening to 'Perfect two' while writing this. Do vote and yeah see ya in the next part~~)

Words: 1035<3

Date: 15/09/21