24| Weekend

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Weekend

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 24: Weekend (Rhys' POV)

While we were having lunch, my parents decided to tell us why they really came up to our room. Which I didn't even know they did, it was Ava who said she heard them talking which is what woke her up. 

"We came to talk to you two about this weekend." 

"What's this weekend?" I asked, looking between the two of them. 

"Well, we don't have any parties or events to attend for a while, so this evening, why don't we all go to the old villa?" 

"The old villa? The one where we went as kids?" I asked, glancing at Ava. 

"Wait, the one by the lake?" She looked back at me. 

I nodded. 

"Yeah, why not? It's been a long time since any of us checked it out to make sure it's being managed well. So why not go there for a few days?" Mom shrugged. 

We all agreed and once lunch was finished, we were sent packing. The villa is on the very outskirts of Kilthorne, which means it's about a two-and-a-half-hour drive from the palace since we live in the dead center of the kingdom. 

"God, I haven't even seen the villa in years. At least five years," Ava said, grabbing some clothes from the closet, splaying them out on the bed while I did the same on my side of the bed. 

"I think the last time we went it was you, me, Ashton, and Brooke. Our parents didn't tag along, did they?" 

"Nope. I'm pretty sure your dad had a meeting with some important people. I've almost forgotten how it looks. I remember the pier and the lake though." 

"Right, how could we forget that? Last time we went there Brooke nearly drowned," I snickered. 

"She was drunk," she chuckled. "Who the hell told her that was a good idea? It was just stupid." 

"But we had fun, didn't we?" I glanced over at her. 

She nodded, peeking up at me while folding her clothes. "We had fun." 

"That's not my favorite trip though." 

"No? Which one is?" 

"I think you know," I replied. 

"Tell me anyway, Rhys." 

"Your birthday. It was just you and me." 

She smiled softly. "Right. Because we all were meant to go to Zariya, but you lied about having business to tend to and I was apparently sick. We would have been killed if we got caught, you know." 

"Yeah, but we didn't. Get caught. You know what we did do though, don't you?" I rounded the bed and walked over to her, taking the dress out of her hands and putting it back on the bed, grabbing her arms and turning her to face me. 

She shook her head while I snaked my arms around her waist. "No, I don't think I do." 

"Liar." 

"No," she repeated, grabbing my arms and trying to pull them off. 

"Liar," I said through gritted teeth. 

She has to remember, she can't forget. "I really don't remember, Rhys. What did we do?" She stared at me blankly.