Chapter Twelve: The Talk.

So I'm back lol. Sorry! Things have just been so crazy lately and since the kpop world has been going crazy and my ass is crazy about kpop, I've been distracted from everything including Wattpad. I haven't even been reading as much as I usually do lol. Also covid has just really kicked my ass. Times have been really trying and I've been working extra time just to help my parents pay our bills and whatnot.

Anyways hope you enjoy xxx

Elvish

******

Despite announcing that they needed to talk, no one had spoken a word for several minutes. Adara was at a lost on what to say. She felt like she should say sorry for what had happened to Gandalf but she knew that the Ranger would not accept anymore apologies from her. He only wanted the why.... and she was not so sure that she could give him that. She couldn't see anything good coming from her telling Aragorn about Gandalf needing to die.

"Why?," his gravelly voice broke the uncomfortable silence around them. "Why didn't you warn him? Why didn't you save him?"

Looking the man in the eyes, she tried to convey everything she felt into her gaze, hoping that he would understand the internal struggle she was currently going through.

"I don't know what to say; what to tell you."

He stood abruptly, startling her from her reverie. "Give me anything. Anything at all. Any explanation..." He started pacing in front of her, his eyes locked into her form throughout every step.

"I-It was not my place, Aragorn," she tried to explain. "I didn't warn him because I could not save him. It was his fate to fall...."

Her eyes began to sting as tears gathered in them. "You seem to think that I have these visions so I can change outcomes but sometimes these things are set in stone."

Brown eyes locked with blue. "Some things can't be changed Aragorn. You of all people should be able to understand that."

Aragorn shook his head at her words, the frustration, pain and anger still visible in every chasm of his body. "I don't believe that Adara," he stood in front of her, pacing and wringing his hands together. "I can't."

Hearing his words, she knew that the both of them were thinking about the same thing. About his own destiny... One that Aragorn had spent his whole life running from. Looking at the Ranger, it was clear that Gandalf's death was not the only thing bothering the Dunedain. "I cannot believe that things are set in stone for that means that I will fall prey. Just like my ancestors..."

Adara shook her head in disagreement, wanting to run towards the man and placate his fears but they weren't here to discuss him, they needed to talk about Gandalf. "The future is deceptive Aragorn. Some things cannot be changed no matter how much one tries," her words were sounding more and more like those spoken in her dream from Moria... and it frightened her more as those images re-entered her mind. "While other events are not so set in stone."

"Gandalf's death was one such thing that could not be changed," she told him. "I don't know how else to explain it. I'm sorry, I feel like shit but I couldn't save him."

She stood walking towards the pacing Ranger and grabbing his hands, pulling him to a stop in front of her. "But do not take that to mean that you are doomed to fall like the Kings of Old," she said, gazing into his blue eyes, not realising just how close the two of them were standing to each other. "Gandalf's path has already been written since the beginning of time but yours is yet to be written."

The tears that had begun to gather in her brown eyes at the beginning of their conversation flowed down her cheeks now. Images penetrated her overwhelmed mind. Gandalf falling. Boromir falling. Arwen. "Please understand me when I say that I would never ever do anything to harm the Fellowship. I would die before letting anything happen to you or the others," she pleaded with him earnestly. Adara hoped beyond everything that the Ranger believed her.