Chapter Five

Oliver

Bored.

That's what I was. I had nothing to do and no motivation to find something to do. All I did was flip through channels, hoping to find something good.

I did not.

Luckily, my friends were feeling the same boredom and called me up to meet them at our favorite hangout spot. We all loved my gran's cafe and her snacks, not to mention the amazing service we get just because we knew her.

I got a booth reserved for us and waited till Israel showed up, Sam not too far behind. The three of us have been friends since kindergarten. We were sort of like the three musketeers. We had codes, hand signals and any other way of communication that couldn't be deciphered so easy by other people.

“So what's been going on with you guy? Got girlfriends yet?” Israel asked after we had settled into our seats.

He was always the lady's man out of all of us especially in highschool. Girls were always drawn towards him because of his looking. His caramel eyes and dark brown hair always had them giving him the eyes. He was tall, almost seven feet, which as a basketball player was very important.

I've had my fair share of girls in my life but not as many as he did. But things changed when he met Aaliyah. They met at a fair and naturally, he flirted with her, clearly attracted to her. Aaliyah on the other hand was completely uninterested and made him work for the opportunity to date her.

In the end it worked out fine, They're engaged now and will be married in a few months.

“I've been trying, women are so difficult.” Sam complained with a groan.

“Who would've thought.” I sympathized sarcastically.

She responded by hitting my in the shoulder playfully. “I think I should just be straight again.”

“You were straight before?” Israel gaped.

She simply rolled her eyes with a scoff. “You guys are terrible. Of course I was straight.”

“As straight as a bendy straw.” The two off us burst into an obnoxious laughter and an annoyed Sam had no choice but to join in.

“I take it your date didn't go so well then?” I asked once we had calmed down. She shook her head sadly.

“What was the problem this time? Her hair was too hairy?” She giggled airily at Israel's remark.

“No. I just didn't feel anything, the date was so awkward. I thought I liked shy girls but I'm starting to second guess that.”

“Don't worry, soon you guys will find the one for you like I did.” Of course, he had to brag that he'd found a woman like always.

He constantly teased us when we were having issues finding significant others and give 'sage' advice that often ended up backfiring. We knew it was all in good fun though and always had a come back.

“I'm surprised how the both of you are dating after you pulled an Israel.” Hearing the reference the didn't know the meaning to always irritated him.

“What the hell does that even mean?” He demanded. “You two have been saying that since I started dating her.”

Sam and I, the only ones who knew the meaning laughed at his ignorance. I raised my eyebrows and puckered my lips as a sign to Sam.

Should we tell him?

She smirked and shook her head. We let him stew in his annoyance all while laughing in his face. He didn't know that ‘pulling an Israel’ meant doing something late or with a lot of delay, especially asking a girl out even when others are advising you to.