36. Day Three of Growing

It's quiet in the house

Completely quiet.

Earlier today, some of Ray's relatives were over, but now, they're gone, including Mrs. Kingsley, to have a dinner outing.

Ray won't be back for two more days.

Elliot, I know, is here.

He was out earlier today, carting his relatives to see the sights.

I heard him come back over an hour ago.

I know because I've gotten used to hearing his door.

Ray's footsteps are hurried, haphazard. She does everything in a flurry.

Elliot's footsteps are sure and steady. Calm and sustained. Just like the rest of him.

The very thought of Elliot sends shocks of nervousness through me, so much so that I can't see any of the clothes that I'm looking at.

When I finally manage to convince my eyes to focus on my things, the butterflies are back.

It's been years since I've felt any sort of feeling towards a guy.

Thinking of Elliot, I'm absolutely certain that I have never been surer of a person in my entire life.

I don't find myself questioning a million things about Elliot.

I just find myself looking forward to learning everything I can about him.

The idea of Elliot in my life everyday gives me a deep feeling of happiness.

The thought scares me because I barely know him.

I try to breathe and decide on what to wear.

I finally decide on a lilac summer dress with tiny white flowers and a pair of white sandals with a small wedge heel.

Elliot clandestinely whispered to me this morning that I should dress casually.

When a knock comes on my door, I look over at the clock that sits on the desk in my room.

It's six-thirty on the dot.

The exact time that Elliot and I agreed we would meet.

Slipping my necklace into place, I cross the room and slowly open the door.

Elliot smiles at me slowly, brilliantly, standing tall, in a grey polo shirt with white edges, and a puffer jacket.

"Hi," he tells me, gently, revealing a small bouquet of baby roses in various shades of pink.

It's the first time that night that Elliot brings tears to my eyes.

"Hey," I return as Elliot holds up the bouquet to me.

"I'll learn your favourite flower soon," he says, decidedly.

Inhaling the scent of the flowers in my hand, I look at him. "Looks like you already know it."