37. What Comes After

(Levi)

"Again." I said to my dove and she glared at me from the ground, this is exactly how it went last time, but it took more effort this time so I'm proud.

"At least am I improving? " she stood up.

"You are." I nodded and she smiled.

Her smile is really pretty.

"That's good." she attacked me using her blade but she lost her balance as a wave hit the side of the ship and she fell down.

"We need to work on your balance more, I can't have you falling every time a wave hits." she sighed and stood up.

"I was distracted this time, by you. Normally I don't fall, you know that."

"Tch." I rolled my eyes and walked up to her taking her sword. 

"What are you doing? " she asked when I tapped her foot with it.

"Like I said, balance. Stand on one leg."

"You are joking, right? I'm not ten."

"This is training, not games. On one leg." I repeated and put away my sword.

She rolled her eyes but still did as I told her. For a few seconds she was doing fine but then she started to move from side to side. Way more than I'd like her to.

"This is stupid." she raised her arms to keep her balance.

"Considering how it hasn't even been thirty seconds and you are ready to fall I don't think this is stupid." her leg fell and she took a step forward. "Now the other one." she glared at me but still stood on the other leg.

This time she seemed way more focused but she had better balance on that one. She started moving slightly after ten seconds had past. She fell before she hit one minute but it was an improvement over the previous one.

"If we're going to work on balance can we do it tomorrow when I'm rested? I really want to go to bed." she whined and I chuckled.

"Sure." I ruffled her hair and she followed me to our room.

"Only three days until we reach Trost, Huh? " she looked at the ceiling when she fell on the bed.

"Aye, only three days." I laid next to her.

"What are you going to do after you kill him? " she looked at me and I shrugged.

"I don't know, what I was doing before I found out about him. Go treasure hunting, explore the world. Maybe find someone interesting and get married." I held back a laugh when she started coughing and rolled on the other side.

"Whgt-what? " she stared at me with her eyes wide open.

"What? I'm not in a rash but I'll keep an eye out in case I deem someone worthy." I stood up to get changed.

"I didn't think you'd be someone that would want to get married. Especially with your approach to romance and all."

"It's not a dream or some shit, but I'm kinda traditional on that topic. " I took off my shirt, I decided to just change my pants and sleep without a shirt on. "I'd like to have someone that would be mine in that sense, so, since I'm a pirate and all if someone catches my fancy I'll just marry them." I went back to the bed and she was just staring at the sheets, for once I can't understand what's on her mind.

I can't understand it. I was just messing with her and if anything I was expecting to get all shy about it, but her expression... It also looks kinda sad. Don't tell me the brat thinks I'm thinking about someone else and is jealous. If that's the case I'll throw her overboard right now.