Seven

You stare down at your food with boredom, playing with your food rather than eating it.

"What is the matter, why are you not eating?" Achilles asks when he notices your lack of movement and the displeased look on your face.

"Do I have to go to school, I don't want to go to school, please" you plead.

"If your father and I were able to homeschool you, we would have, but the vampire rules require you to attend school" Celeste explains softly.

"But, I'm not a vampire..." you mumble, yet your parent's sensitive ear catches on.

"Honey, we don't care about your damn opinion" Achilles mocks, causing you to raise an eyebrow.

You know, you were starting to think that he was cool.

But now, he is back to his bitchy self.

"Nor, do I care about your opinion, father" you shot back, glaring at him with annoyance.

Suddenly, everything goes quiet, even Celeste didn't dare speak a word until she noticed the tension.

"(Y/n) is just a child, don't get angry my love-" the vampire general interrupts his wife.

"You know, I always wondered why you grew up in an orphanage, and why your mother died during childbirth, (Y/n)"

You clutch tightly into your fork, feeling sad.

"Now, I understand why, she didn't want an ugly and an ill-mannered child like yourself."

Celeste's eyes widen in shock at her husband's cruel words, before quickly turning towards you.

"Please ignore his words, they are not true, sweetie" she tries to assure you.

"Oh honey, I'm speaking the truth, (Y/n) should be thankful that we even adopted her in the first place" he leans forward in his seat.

"But, we love you and we saw through your flaws just to take you as an offering"

Achilles said not to hurt you, but he said those words to make you understand.

"We love you more than your human mother and unknown father, we care for you dearly, so you should return the favor with respect"

You are trying so hard to hold in your tears, as to not show how much his words affected you.

Celeste realizes her husband's toxicity, however, decides not to point it out until she and he are alone.

"Let us all just be one big happy family, and forget about the past"

The way Achilles is smiling, acting like his words were nothing but nice, made you feel humiliation.

You grab your dining knife, and before Achilles could react...

...you stab the knife into his left hand.