Chapter 24

On the evening when Song Yan and Xia Lin returned to City B, Ji Qin invited them, as well as Li Mo and Xia Liang, to have dinner together in order to thank Song Yan and Xia Liang for treating him these days with care.

He hadn't met Zhou Shuo before so he naturally didn't include Zhou Shuo on the invitation list but Zhou Shuo desperately wanted to be with Xia Liang. Xia Liang had no choice but to bring him along.

During their dinner, Song Yan asked about the results of Ji Qin's audition. Ji Qin felt that there was no need to conceal it so he recounted the matter in general. 

After glancing at Li Mo, he apologized, "Brother Mo lost the role with me. I'm really sorry."

Li Mo waved his hand and said, "I should be sorry. If it weren't for me, you won't be blocked by Gu Lixuan. You would have successfully signed the male lead role."

Xia Liang got angry when he heard Gu Lixuan's name, "Why is this guy still lingering? One day, I will make him pay for what he has done."

Song Yan looked at Xia Liang, then at Ji Qin, and asked blankly, "Who is Gu Lixuan? Is he famous?"

"Gu Lixuan is a well-known male artist in China." Xia Lin explained and then looked at Song Yan jokingly, "Everyone knows him. Are you paying attention to the entertainment circle? A while ago, I even said on a whim that I would invest in films..."

"What a whim," Song Yan said.

"I'm serious."

 As soon as he said this, the others looked over in surprise. Xia Liang asked, "You want to invest in a drama?"

"Yeah, isn't it popular to make big dramas now? My mother started to itch when she heard a friend brag about what kind of drama her husband had invested in. She urged my dad to go and invest in one, put a name in an advertisement or something. My dad doesn't understand this so I will do it as soon as he agrees."

Xia Lin still felt that his idea was unreliable and asked, "Do you know what processes are needed to invest in films? I don't understand it yet but I can learn. What's more, we are now in the right time, place, and people," he pointed to Ji Qin and Li Mo.

Ji Qin and Li Mo looked at each other for a moment and said, "Both of us?" 

"Yes." 

"However, our popularity is not enough."

"Your popularity is not enough because you don't have many works yet, there will be more dramas in the future." Song Yan waved his hand indifferently.

The two of them were dumbfounded, listening to Song Yan's speak as if they were not making a TV series but just a small video.

Ji Qin originally thought that Xia Liang's behavior was already overbearing as the president but he didn't expect his cousin, Song Yan, to be the real trench. Because he was not embarrassed, it made people feel that he was not serious and it was more like a joke.

Xia Liang frowned for a moment and looked at Song Yan with a serious face, "If you really have this idea, I can consider participating."

Xia Lin turned his head and looked at Xia Liang, "Brother, why are you also joining in the fun?" 

Xia Liang said indifferently, "My only condition to invest is for Li Mo to play the male lead role. If not, then he must be the second male lead."

As soon as he said this, the room suddenly became silent.

If it were before, Zhou Shuo would only suffer in his heart. But now, his relationship with Xia Liang is different. With an Alpha's instinct to own his Omega exclusively, he has an impulse to press Xia Liang on the wall and forcibly ask what kind of emotion he had towards Li Mo.

But he also knows very well that Xia Liang himself does not have much awareness of being a marked Omega. He even subconsciously refuses to accept such changes-so he can't use such a tough method to treat Xia Liang. 

Zhou Shou silently clenched his fist and forced his reason to suppress his instinctive impulse.

Fortunately, everyone present did not notice what was wrong with Zhou Shuo and continued with the topic.

Li Mo sighed lightly, "Xia Liang, if you just want to fight for me, then there is no need..."

"I'm not just fighting for you now," Xia Liang interrupted him, "I also have a private grudge with Gu Lixuan. I have tolerated him for a long time."

Li Mo was startled, "Since when?" 

"A few months after you went abroad, Gu Lixuan came to our company openly and indicated that he wanted to see me."

When Li Mo heard this, he leaned forward in surprise, "Why did he come to you? What did he do with you?"

"He asked some people to carry a sack of money into my office then threw it away, saying that he would return your liquidated damages to me and warned me not to worry about your business."

Xia Liang became angrier, "How old is he? He still has the face to act so arrogantly in front of me."

Song Yan asked, "Did you collected it?"

"I let someone smash him back in the face in public. If it weren't for Li Mo's reputation, I would really like to ask the media to expose him."

Li Mo did not expect that such a thing happened between Xia Liang and Gu Lixuan. 

He was also puzzled by Gu Lixuan's actions. In the end, it can only be attributed to a mad dog who bites people. He paid the penalty for himself and ran over to humiliate Xia Liang when he didn't catch Li Mo.

It's no wonder that Xia Liang was so angry when he mentioned Gu Lixuan. It turned out that these two people had already forged resentment four years ago.