CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

WHY NOT

"I'm so glad your here." Bella beams at me. "I'm so glad I'm here even though it's under different circumstances." I sigh. "Hey, Ladies how you doing?" Mom asked walking in the lounge . "We're doing great mom you don't have to ask every twenty minutes." Bella rolls are eyes. "Hey, I'm allowed to fret over my baby." She defends. "She's just jealous all your attention is on me." I tease. She gasps "No I'm not." She gives me a little pout making me roll my eyes at her antics. The door bell rings breaking our conversation. She gets up to answer the door."You need anything baby?" Mom asked seriously. "No mom I'm okay for now." A few seconds later We see Becky following closely behind. Once she sees she rushes to hug me. "Oh, I miss you so much." She hugs me tightly. "I miss you too. Now let go of me before you squeeze the life out of me." I joke. She moves away rolling her eyes. "Breakfast was so boring without you." She signs leaning against the chair."I think your being dramatic as usual." I tell her. She scoffs sitting up straight." You know for a fact that a meal shared with Xavier and Ace is a nightmare." She's not lying those Boys are something else sometimes. "Your right I'm sorry." I chuckle. "How bad can it be." Bella asked confused. Becky and I share a look. "Becky, Xavier and Ace are ever arguing about everything not matter how little it is. it might even be about passing the other some salt. It's like eating with a bunch of Circus people or wrestlers lucky enough we have mama or papa to play referer. It's really quiet hailirous." I giggle. "Everytime?" Mom asked. "Everytime." Becky and I say in unison.

"Are you hungry? I can wip up something to eat." Mom asked. "Oh no I don't want to trouble you." Becky denies. "Nonsense it's fine." She gets up heading for the kitchen. "Soooo, where are your brothers?" She's asks looking around the room. "Their not around so you can stop looking. I know Dante,Mason,Case,Trent and Matteo are at the office trying to hack my phone." I tell her. "Oh, uhmmm how about Josh?" She asked acting a little nervous, A blush hitting her cheeks. "I'm not sure he was gone before I even got up." She looks at me like she wants to say something but refrains herself. "Are you okay?" I ask. She gives me a nervous laugh before answering. "Yeah I'm okay." Avoiding my gaze. Uhmmm o-kay I'm about to ask her something but mom comes back with tray of food. She puts the tray on the table. "Here you go. Shoot I forgot the drinks." She runs back to the kitchen.
Bella helps me with my plate handing Becky's hers. "Thank you." I smile. Mom walks back with some refreshments. "Thank you Mrs Reign." Becky says. "Don't worry about it. And call me Wendy enough with the formalities. We're practically family." She's nods and smiles.

Later that day Ace stopped by for a bit but had to go because something came up. He dropped off my new phone I'm just praying this time whoever the stalker is doesn't get access to my new phone number. I had fun hanging out with the girls. I know their trying to get my mind off things but it's kinda hard to do so. knowing someone is out to get me. I sigh leaning back against my seat. I decided to watch the sunset on the window bay in my bedroom. Ace and I usually do this back home on our patio. The girls offered to stay with me but I just wanted to enjoy it by myself. "I see your enjoying the sunset?" A voice says behind me I turn to find someone I haven't seen in while. "Fred! Hey." I greet, He walks over to me kissing my forehead. This is the second time his actually shown any type of affection towards me. I'm not complaining or anything but it's just caught me little off guard. He takes a seat next to me. "How are you? How come your here?" I asked all at once. "I came back because of you I was supposed to come home earlier but I had to say goodbye to my aunt we finally buried her two days ago. I didn't want to stay any longer I had to come see you, I'm sorry I wasn't there when you where in the hospital." He apologies. My eyes widen at the sudden care in his eyes. Him and I never really had the father- daughter relationship I was more close to mom he just never put in too much effort. So hearing what he just said kinda shocked me. "I honestly don't know what to say." I pause for a bit and say. "You and I were never close so I just thought you didn't really care much I know your my father but I just haven't seen you as one from the moment I came here." He looks hurt at what I say. "I know and I'm absolutely sorry. I know I should have put in a little effort but I was too ashamed to face you and I still am. I'm really sorry heather I hope you can forgive me and give me a chance to prove myself to you. I just hope I'm not nineteen years too late to try and be the father you deserve." He says quietly lowering his gaze. "Why not, I'm open to try and see how it goes." I smile at him. He looks over with a bright smile his green shinning with joy. "Can I have a hug?" He asks with hope. I nod he moves closer wrapping his hand over my shoulder and I scoot closer resting my head on his shoulder.

We stay like that for while not saying anything just enjoying the silence. "Come on we need to get you down before you get uncomfortable." He says picking me up. He takes us down stairs since it's almost dinner anyway. We bump into josh on our way to the living room. "Oh hey dad, Didn't know you'll be coming back today." Josh says. He carefully sets me on the couch before standing to greet josh. "Yeah, I decided to surprise you." He replies. The boys Walk in the room to greet him. "I'm going to the kitchen to help out your mom and sister." He kisses the top of my head walking out the room. I look over at Mason."were you able to hack my phone?" I ask him. He shakes his head sadly. "I tried but whoever they are their really good at what they're doing I couldn't pin point any IP address or were it's specifically coming from. I'm sorry." He says. I give him a small smile. "It's okay at least you tried." I tell him but his not happy he failed. Oh God what do we do now?

Chapter forty done I hope you enjoy it.
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment 💖💖💖💖