35

Triple update!!!

35

I tried not to be impressed with the building who's garage we just parked it but I couldn't. I knew it was Vittore's right away, I didn't even need to look it up. It was some sort of company, God knows what he does with it but the building looked like it had over 100 floors and the lighting that came from the glass was perfect.

Again, I tried not to be impressed.

Vittore and Faye got out of the car first and I managed to get two iron tablets out, swallowing them with the last of my orange juice. I actually felt much better than before. Not great but better. I hid the medicine bag under my shirt as I got out of the car, liming along with Faye and Vittore.

Was it me or were they walking slower?

I sighed, deciding figuring that out wasn't my priority at the moment. We reached an elevator and Faye pressed the button to take us up. I also saw another button to go down, surprised there were more levels below this floor. One thing was certain. I was going down there one of these days. Hopefully when my leg was healed and I could run when they noticed me.

"Go to the 128th floor. I'll meet you there," Vittore said once the elevator doors swung open.

Faye grabbed a hold of my hand and gently pulled me in with her before I could question Vittore. The doors closed and i let out a huff, leaning against one of the sides.

"I'm glad you managed to get to the hospital," Faye suddenly said and my gaze snapped to her, eyes wide.

"W-wha.."

"Oh don't be so surprised Dalia. What are the odds that the place we stopped at had a hospital right around the corner?"

Faye's dark eyes were looking at me and I couldn't say anything because I was stunned.

"You knew?" I asked and she nodded.

"You didn't look so good last night. You kept passing out even though you didn't notice," Faye told me and she was right. I couldn't even remember all the events of the night before.

"I'd seen that kind of thing happen before, to someone I once knew. Anaemia?" she asked.

"Yeah. Iron deficiency anaemia," I said and let out a sigh. "You're not going to tell him are you?" I asked referring to Vittore. Faye shook her head.

"I won't but... you should. This is serious Dalia. Incase you get injured you put yourself at risk."

"I know that Faye. I just..." I run a hand down my face, my fingers brushing against my new curly bangs. "I've been hiding the fact I was sick for so long I just can't... I have things I have to do. Things I promised myself I'd do and maybe, just maybe, after that, my soul will be lighter but until then... I don't know."

"I get it, you need time to set your priorities straight but my advice is, you do it fast before you can't anymore," Faye advised and I nodded my head.

"Dully noted."

The elevator stopped at the 105th floor and Faye got off. Wait, didn't Vittore say the 128th?

"This isn't the floor..." I told her but she just shook her head.

"This is my floor. Sadly, I get off here but... think about what I said."

The elevators closed and the last thing I saw was a small sad smile on Faye's face. The past few days have been hell, for her and for me. I think I just needed some time to cool off and wind down before I got back up again. Faye was right. I needed to set my priorities and my first one would be finding my sperm donor and incubator.

What would come after that... I had no idea. I would still be stuck with the mafia but with the current events, that didn't sound bad at all. I would just wait until the Crimson Raven contacted me about our next move.

The elevator opened and I got out into a beautiful penthouse. The far wall was just glass, the place decorated with soft and dark browns. I limped further inside, holding on to one of the couches as I looked around. There was a spiral staircase to my far right that led to the floors above this one.

I could see a nice balcony with a pool and promised myself to get in the water sometime. Knowing Vittore, there should be a hot tub somewhere. I limped to the staircase, slowly going up. It took a while but once I was at the top, I took a deep breath. The side of this floor looked down into the living room but had a long hall opposite the drop.

I made my way down there, opening the first door I came across. It was a bedroom. I went inside to find the bathroom, not bothering to close the door as I slipped out of the bloody and torn pants I had on, placing my bag of pills on the counter.

I opened the medicine cabinet and pulled out the first aid kit. I took all my pills out of the medicine bag and placed Them inside the cabinet, hiding them behind the many other things inside. I opened the first aid kit, surprised to find a lighter inside. I used it to burn the medicine bag the nurse had given me, throwing the ashes in the metal bin. I didn't need any evidence of my adventures outside the car.

When all that was done, I hoisted myself up on the counter and sat with my legs dangling off the side. I leaned my back on the wall, taking a few deep breaths. This seriously wasn't easy.

"This is a sight."

I opened one eye to see Vittore leaning against the door.

"Leave," I said glaring at him but he just pushed himself off the door and came towards me.

He mostly ignored me, reaching for the first aid kit. I slid it away from him and I don't know how but the next second, it was in his grasp. My eyes burned holes into his head as I tried reaching for the kit again. The problem was, the bloody twat was way taller than me so it was of no use.

"You're burnt out tesoro. Let me help," he said fixing his own glare at me. I huffed but didn't comment. I was bone tired to be honest.

Vittore grabbed a small towel from one of the drawers and made it wet with water from the sink. He turned to my stitched wound and slowly started cleaning it. His other hand that I was very aware of, rested on my upper right thigh, my whole body tingling from the simple contact. I watched his hands as they gently rubbed the dried blood from my wound and heat pooled at my core.

He picked out some cotton and spirit next and my brows creased in pain when he rubbed my wound. The sharp stinging sensation could be felt all the way to my brain but Vittore's hand rubbed circles on my thigh and I was slightly distracted.

The next thing he did was pull out bandages. His hands landed on my waist, pushing me further back on the counter so he could lift my leg. My eyes slightly widened and my heat pounded in my chest and not because it was trying to kill me. Vittore didn't seem to be bothered as he wrapped the white bandage around my leg, making sure to cover my wound.

I was so glad when he finished and thought he was going to step back when he pulled me by my knees to the edge of the counter. Our bodies were so close to each other, my chest heaving up and down from the breaths I was trying to take in. I stared into Vittore's eyes and his dropped to my lips as he licked his own. At this point, my brain had forgotten simple English and I couldn't bare how close we were.

"Grazie (Thanks)," I whispered, lowering my gaze and leaning back a bit. Vittore wrapped his hand around my neck, using his thumb to turn my face towards his.

"Cosa mi stai facendo (What are you doing to me)?" he whispered and I think I had an idea what he was talking about but didn't want to admit it. At least not out loud.

Vittore was ruining me. The walls I was trying to build around him crumbled at a single touch. This hadn't happened to me before, ever and I thought it was time I took a little step back.

"Ti dispiace (Do you mind)?" I asked motioning to the door. He got the hint, slowly ripping himself from me and walking out.

As soon as the door shut, I wish I hadn't asked him to leave. I sighed, resting my hands on the edge of the counter. Everywhere he touched still tingled with recognition.

That bloody Italian had my mind in scrambles. I hated to like that about him.