All x Transgender reader

Requested by @Saturns_Rings23

Title: Them

Key: (h/l)= hair length
(h/c)= hair color

Note: i would just like to specify that the reader was a woman who transitioned into a male. i was so honored to get this request, so i wrote it to the best of my ability and i hope anyone that needs this reassurance gets it, even if just by a bit. i love and adore every single one of u- without needing to know who u are or what u look like. all i know is that u are all good (and absolutely hilarious) people, and thats all i need. enjoy!

Do they need to know? What are you saying, of course they do! But will they care? Of course they will- it just matters in the way they'll care. Will they hate me? Will they continue to love me? Will they even understand what I'm saying to them about myself? It doesn't matter- I'll have to explain it to them. They just have to know.

With that thought, I took a deep breath and stepped out of my apartment building, taking in a deep breath of the cold September air. The burning in my lungs distracted me from the looks I was getting from kids and old folks around me, so, without sparing them a glance, I turned and made my way down the street, hands in my pockets and head down, watching my shoes as they dragged along the pavement.

"Mommy, is that a boy or a girl?" I froze, knowing exactly who they were talking about. A kid, around nine, was pointing to me while their mother looked through her purse, looking down at the child halfway through their question. The mother looked at me and then tutted, gently pushing the kid's hand back down to their side.

"It's rude to point, Kit. And-" She kneeled down and began whispering in the kid's ear, all while I watched, feeling too pathetic to even just ignore them and walk by. Instead, I opted for telling the turtles another day, so I began turning around.

"Hey! Hey!" I heard the kid's voice and turned to see them running after me, the mother still on her knee as she gave a disapproving look to their back.

"It's excuse me!" She said loudly, giving me an apologetic look. I waved it away with a watery smile and leaned down to talk to the kid, who was now staring up at me with furrowed eyebrows and pursed lips.

"Wha-what is- are! Yours? Your pro-pro? Oh! What are your pronuns?" Kit asked me with a big grin on their face, an innocent look in their eyes. My breath caught and I looked up to see the mom approaching, a concerned look in her eyes.

"Oh, uh, my p-pronouns. You can call me he or they." I said gently to the kid and then felt a tear run down my face as the mother reached out and squeezed my arm. I smiled at her and then looked down at the confused face the kid was making.

"They? So, you're a boy and they? Does that mean you're two boys?" Kit looked at their mom for confirmation and I laughed gently, another tear slipping down my face. This- all this- wasn't what I had been expecting when I'd seen the mother whispering in Kit's ear. I'd been expecting hurtful words- the same ones I'd been hearing all my life.

You're a girl- act like it!

Why would you cut all of your hair off? You looked so beautiful before!

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with her? She's convinced she's a boy.

You were made a girl for a reason- if you were supposed to be a boy, that's how you would've been born.

No one cares about what you think you are!

I don't want to deal with how confusing you're being anymore.

You're ugly either way.

Everyone's gonna hate you.

No one's going to accept you.