Chapter twenty-nine

(Alex's POV)

Zayn lifts the red rose up to his nose and inhales the scent, a smile played across his plump, kissable lips. I'm not going to lie anymore. I've fallen so hard for Zayn that it hurts. I'm not using him as a rebound for Louis, and I'm not trying to get in his pants and use him for his body (although I wouldn't exactly be complaining if that happened too). He's so charming and mysterious, and I can't help but want to be more to him than a friend.

In addition, Zayn is so damn beautiful. I love the way his jet black hair is always covered in a thick coat of hair spray and gel, and the way he smells like a mix of cigarette smoke and cologne. His caramel eyes always sparkle in the sunlight, and sometimes they become a darker shade when he's angry or nervous. It's these little things that make me want him.

Zayn's hand brushes over mine, and I bravely build up enough courage to clutch onto his hand. With the brisk wind rushing past us, we walk down the sidewalk together without any worries. Snow starts to fall from the sky and swirls above us, which makes me squeeze Zayn's hand even firmer.

I don't know what we are, more than friends? Friends with benefits? All I know is that I want him for myself, and I'm not going to make the same mistake with him that I did with Lou. I'll treat him with respect and love him unconditionally.

"So where do you live, Zayn?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"A few miles away from the school. It's running distance from here." he shrugs.

"You seriously think I'm going to let you run to your house in the cold?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He smiles softly, "Hopefully not."

I chuckle and open up the passenger seat door for him, and he mumbles a thank you and gets in the car. I swear that there was a hint of blush on the apples of his cheeks.

I close the door and get in the driver's seat, then turn up the heaters and the music. We start driving down the road while Zayn constantly gives me directions to his house.

"Turn left up here." he mumbles.

I turn left into a rich neighborhood, filled with giant houses and stuck-up people. I would hate to live here. Sometimes I miss my house back in Ireland, but I just graduated from high school and want to take a break before I start thinking of uni.

"It's right here," Zayn says, pointing to the modern style house with a large back yard. I park in the paved driveway and Zayn smiles.

"Thanks, Al. We'll have to do this again sometime. It was fun." he says.

"When?" I ask.

"Excuse me?"

"When do you want to do this again?" I ask.

"You seem eager." he says.

"Can you blame me? I really like you, Zaynie." I say, not a hint of doubt in my voice.

Zayn smiles softly and stares into my eyes, "Well, there's this party on New Years Eve that I always host at my house. Everybody who is anybody at our school is going to be there. If you want, you can come with." he says.

"It's a date," I say, "Y'know, not that kind but... erm, you know what I mean." I say, my cheeks turning bright red.

Zayn laughs awkwardly, "Yeah, I know what you meant. I'll text you, okay?" he says.

"Sure. Bye, Zayn." I say. He gets out of the car and vanishes into the house, waving goodbye to me as I pull out of the driveway. I start towards my hotel and get caught up in my thoughts.