Rule 9: The Queen Must Still Care For Her Court

"Where were you yesterday?" Darjani closed her locker and turned to face Adonis, her eyes were narrowed.

He closed his locker door and looked at her, "Entertaining myself."

"I see," She looked him up and down, "Adonis, I should have told you before I slept with Dominic, right? Did you think our thing would be regular?"

"Why do you care?"

She raised a brow, "Excuse me?"

"No, not like that," He shook his head, "I mean, why should you care? It was my mistake, not yours. It shouldn't bother you."

She sighed and shook her head, "You forget that you're my friend. I care, you know? You, especially. Adonis, I know. You're well aware that I know what happened to you. I'm going to excessively care about you because of that."

He snaked his hand through her waist, pulling her closer and bringing his lips to her ear, "It turns me on when you care."

"Adonis," She whispered, "Don't try to make this about sex." She pushed him away from her, "I'm trying to be available for you."

"Why? Why are you caring about me so much?" He ripped his hands from her body, as though he were burnt.

It stung, her concern, her care. It was foreign and so wrong, because it came from her. His heartless queen, incapable of empathy or affection. How wrong could he have been. True monsters never wore their true skin.

She was no monster. Cruel? Yes, she was. Wicked? Sinister? Mean? Yes, yes yes. All of the above and more. But she still hadn't crossed that boundary. Had he? No. Had she? Yes. Not Darjani. But she was no longer human.

Now, look at him. She had graduated and left him here, an empty shell desperate to fill everything with sex. What was worse, she thrust him into a tight circle with her heir.

"Because even I know that she was a demonic bitch." Darjani smirked.

It felt so good, so so good, to be able to insult Emiko Saranika so carelessly now. Darjani had to keep her mouth shut and put on an uncaring, docile demeanor while the Japanese Queen was still ruling, because she wanted her crown.

She thirsted for that power. And now that she had it, it felt exhilarating to rubbish the name of her predecessor.

"You don't even say her name," Adonis laughed and shook his head.

"Do you?" Darjani cocked her head to the side.

He chuckled, "I guess not."

"So, let me spell it out for you. Don't feel any weird way when I sleep with someone else. Do the same, but please let me know when you want to leave the school."

"You sound so controlling right now."

She smiled and placed a hand on his chest, "I need to know when you're unavailable. You understand, right?"

Adonis smirked and pulled her closer to him by her waist. He leaned down to whispered in her ear, "I would kiss you right now-"

"Do it," She whispered, lips ghosting the skin on his neck.

The hallway was empty, void of students who were smart enough to walk away and go for class when seeing the Queen in such a scandalous position with a member of her court.

"Your latest plaything is watching us, my queen." The Greek male licked his lips as he made eye contact with Dominic. The latter's eyes were cold.

Darjani didn't have to turn to know he was referring to Dominic. She snaked her fingers along the hem of his untucked shirt and then slid them inside to feel the muscles of his abdomen.

"Let him watch," She finally kissed his neck, eliciting a sigh of satisfaction from Adonis, "I want to know who he values more; me or his little bitch."

Adonis laughed and immediately pulled her closer, flushed against his body and he loved the feeling of her soft breasts and wide hips rubbing against him.

He pulled her back with a hand on her cheek and then dipped his head to kiss her. He placed his lips on hers gently and softly, savouring it, enjoying it. It felt good, so much better than the other girls he'd been with.

She pulled away before his tongue could infiltrate her mouth. Darjani gave Adonis one last smile before walking away, never once glancing at Dominic.

Adonis looked at the other male, content to see the rage on his face as he turned on his heels and walked away from him.

The blonde looked at the two: Dominic walking in one direction, Darjani in the other, both having each other on their minds. Adonis frowned at his thoughts.

He just had to be so stupid. He was so stupid, enjoying the way her body felt, the way she called out his name, the way she laughed, the way she smiled and spoke.

He wanted to be like the other boys, whose hearts went so cold after breaking, never healing right and not loving again.

His heart had healed right, watching the dark skinned beauty walk and laugh and relate to those around her. It healed right in the heat of her presence, and God help him, he wanted to give her his heart.