15. Easy

I shift on the cushion my body lays on and throw and arm over my eyes to block out the sun

Wait, sun?...

My eyes slowly flutter open and I let my arm fall down, I scan my surroundings and realise I lie at the back seat of a car. To my right is an IV stand, I pull it out of my arm in a swift moment and start to sit up but wince at the pain that overtakes my body.

"Miss Delaynie. You should rest." I throw my legs over the seat so that I was sitting up as I rub the haze off my eyes.

A man stands outside the car door leaning against the tree. "Where's Drystan? Oh my god, where am I?" I turn to the side as I talk to the man, he shoves his phone into his pocket and diverts his attention to me.

"I'm Drystan's doctor, they've gone to the warehouse-" he begins and but I cut him off.

"What?! Without me?! What the fuck?! How long ago did they leave?" I exclaim and I swear I saw him roll his eyes.

If I wasn't half dead right now, he wouldn't have any eyes to roll.

"About an hour ago. His men's cars are parked in the forest. He and Merick have told me to not let you leave under any circumstances." He informs me, I step out of the car slowly finally feeling the ground after a long time of confinement. I begin to stretch my arms and crack my neck.

My hands trail over my jaw and it feels dry, my finger pads lightly press down on it but it doesn't hurt me. So that means-

"You gave me pain killers and you sedated me." I state in realisation whilst looking down at my clothing, I was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie. In the fucking heat.

"Well you needed them, you've been through a lot this past week. It's very strange that you're awake, they were supposed to knock you out for at least five hours." he drawls out and I curl my fists.

" I. Don't. Do. Drugs." I say in a monotone voice whilst tying the string of the sweatpants I wear. Pain killers are drugs only difference is that they are legal, I don't take any type of drugs. They mess with your brain and slow it down, I need to be kept alert at all times.

"Have they got Braxton yet?" I question the doctor whilst pulling up my sleeves.

"They are on their way back with Braxton and Aleksandro." He replies smoothly.

I didn't even need to be sedated, I passed out but I would have gained consciousness in a few minutes, I should be there now having a gun to Aleksandro's head.