34- Actions and Words

I woke up with a throbbing headache and my whole body was in pain. I groaned.

"Miss. Bane, are you awake?" I heard a voice on top of me. "It's okay; you can open your eyes"

Slowly, I lifted my shaking hand and ran it on my face. I was alive, that's a good sign. I opened my eyes slower than a slug could move and let them adjust to the light. I took in my surroundings and realized I was in the school nursery and one of the nurses greeted my wake with a smile.

"Good evening. How are you doing?" she asked.

"Everything hurts" I said quietly. The nurse nodded and wrote something on a chart. I looked behind her and saw Jimhaya sitting on the windowsill with her eyes closed and her body relaxed.

"Don't mind her Miss. Bane. That girl has been on that windowsill since you came in" The nurse smiled at me "You are one lucky girl to have such a friend"

She didn't know half of it. I watched the nurse left the room to get something and turned around to see Jimmy staring with her beautiful blue eyes. I heaved a sigh. It was my Jimmy.

"Hey" I said. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Hey" Jimmy moved from the window and stood where the nurse used to be and grabbed my hand.

"You're back"

"Yeah" she scratched the back of her head "That was a long and unwanted conversation I had with my selves. How are you? Your nose was bleeding when you came back into your body"

I touched my nose, remembering the beast licking it in delight. I shuddered.

"Well, if ever I doubt you again remind me of this" I said wholeheartedly and Jimmy laughed sweetly. "I mean, you have one maddening mind"

"I know. You don't have to tell me twice" Jimmy chuckled. "It gets easier when you know how to tune the voices out"

"What happened after I passed out?"

"It's a bit blurry on my end because I was not controlling my body but I could tell you that Mrs. Adams couldn't get near you because the beast wouldn't let her. But Mrs. Adams is a sweet talker and managed to convince her to let the other me to take control. After that, she brought you here and you have been sleeping for an entire day. Going into my mind took a lot out of you and the principal was not very happy"

I was about to ask why when the nurse came back in with pills and water. She gave them to me and I let Jimmy help me drink it. When the nurse left again, I scooted over and patted the empty space beside me. Hesitantly she made her way onto the bed and cradled my head. Now there was my girl: the shy and uncertain girl who had no idea what to do in peaceful relationship moments. I smiled at myself as I curled my body around hers and drifted back to sleep.

I woke up the next day warm and feeling much better. My headache was still there but less intense and my body was not as sore. Jimmy was sleeping soundly beside me and I couldn't help but admire her.

I slipped out of the bed without waking her up which was hard due to the fact that we were cuddling together. Oh man, I never thought I would see the day that I cuddled with my girlfriend Jimhaya Hundale; the girl who didn't like physical contact. Now that was quite ironic.

I made sure my hospital gown was well tied up before making my way out of the room and into the nursery corridors. It must have been morning because I saw many workers with coffee cups and walking around yawning. I stepped around a corner a stopped in my tracks as I heard two familiar voices arguing.

"You're lucky she's still alive" the principal growled "Do you have an idea of the danger you put my daughter through"

"If I thought your daughter would be in serious danger I would never have sent her in but-" Mrs. Adams started to say.